PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding a mobile

WisMommy
07-16-2004, 11:01 PM
Hi everyone. We have a mission style crib with little ledges on the top and wide slats and I have no idea what kind of mobile will attach. Any suggestions?

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/9295.jpg

Rikkele
07-17-2004, 05:03 PM
The Tiny Love Symphony in Motion mobile is the BEST!! DD has loved it since about 2wk old. From what I have read here on the Boards, everyone's DD/DS has loved it. It looks really funny and won't go with your decor at all( does not go with mine at all!) but believe me it is worth it and you won't be sorry! It attaches between the slats so it should attach fine on either end of your crib. HTH!

WisMommy
07-17-2004, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the suggestion! I'm less concerned about whether it will match the decor than I am about whether I'll be able to attach it. The ledge over the top edge of the crib rules out a lot of mobiles that wrap over the top of the crib rail. I'll check out Tiny Love's Symphony in Motion to see if it'll work. Thanks again!

HallsofVA
07-18-2004, 09:46 PM
I second the recommendation for the Symphony in Motion mobile. We have it and have gotten our money's worth out of it. One feature I really like is it has a swingarm feature, that allows you to position the mobile out of the way when you're not using it, and also allows you to vary the placement over the baby for variety. We installed ours at the end of the long crib rail, and the arm's long enough to get the mobile to the middle of the bed. We were also given a second, more traditional mobile, and I installed it, turned it on once, and immediately removed it. It was plastic, didn't have a swingarm, and was a wind-up with no off switch. Plus, we got it too late for my son to be amused by things that just went around in a circle, and didn't do all of the other movements the SIM mobile has.

The Tiny Love mobile does have a metal bracket which is meant to hook over the top of the crib rail for stability. And, like other mobiles, it has a huge screw which goes between the crib slats, and a very large nut for tightening it. On your crib, if you had any problem with the metal bracket, I think you would be able to install it on the end of your crib with no problems. That wasn't an option for us, because our crib has sleigh ends.

angusmom
07-22-2004, 12:00 PM
Beautiful crib! I love it!

Small Fry Design makes a universal mobile attachment clip that eliminates the need for using the screw and post attachment pieces on most mobiles.

You can take a look at:
http://www.smallfrydesign.com/accessories.htm

Basically, it replaces the entire arm assembly on your mobile, and you just hang the music box and actual "mobile" pieces from this universal arm.

The people at Small Fry are very nice, so dont hesitate to call them with any questions.