PDA

View Full Version : how to display quilt?

fauve01
07-22-2004, 02:36 PM
Hi everyone! i've tried searching, but didn't find anything. DD got a beautiful ABC quilt as a gift (each square is a letter made by a different friend) and i'd love to know a good way to display it on the wall of DD's nursery in our new house. My mom has a quilt on display, but's folded; i don't want to fold this quilt and hide any of the squares. anyone have any ideas??

TIA!!

Anne + DD 10-03

stanathan
07-22-2004, 03:19 PM
If the quilt can fit on a wall unfolded, you may consider using quilt clips. Check out this site: http://www.downsouthprimitives.com/quilt_clips.htm
I got 3 blue stars clips from them for my DD's quilt and it looks great. Their clips are also very sturdy to make sure that the quilt does not slip out of the them.

amp
07-22-2004, 03:59 PM
Quilt clips are the way to go if you want the whole thing to show. You can buy them at Pottery Barn Kids, Target, baby boutiques and stores, BRU, etc.

fauve01
07-22-2004, 07:28 PM
THANKS for the suggestions!!! the clips sound great! and I bet they will be much cuter than a big rack. thanks so much for the suggestions.

Anne

Jen in Chicago
07-27-2004, 10:06 PM
I got an idea from Land of Nod, I pinned a loops of ribbon on the top (like the AIDS ribbon) with diaper pins, and hung it by the loops. So cute and inexpensive. It did not take anything away from our priceless quilt. I let the characters on the pins show on the outside. Does this make sense?

mommab
07-30-2004, 01:12 AM
We hung the patchwork quilt that came with dd's bedding set above her crib. We strung a cotton rope between two hooks screwed into the wall and then used regular clothes pins to hang the quilt like on a clothes line...very easy and looks really cute!! It may be too casual for you, though. HTH

Blissful_in_TX
08-01-2004, 09:03 PM
I had the same problem and didn't want to spend the money on a nice quilt rod from PBK. So I bought a cheap, thin expandable curtain rod (like $2). Our quilt came with a opening sewed on the back, so I threaded the rod through there, and we hung it on the wall kind of like a curtain. Then just as decoration, I got some think matching ribbon and made it look like the ribbon was holding the rod up. Hard to explain, but it came out super cute.

almostamom
08-02-2004, 12:35 AM
I agree with all that the clips are a great idea. We have our little one's quilt hung with clips from PBK. We also have a queen-size quilt hung in our guest room. I got those clips from Michaels. I actually like them better - they're easier use (marbles keep the quilt in place) and they were unfinished so we were able to stain them to match the furniture.

HTH
~Linda~