PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ideas for a quote

almostamom
08-08-2004, 04:34 PM
Seeing all the pictures of your beautiful nurseries has inspired me to finish our little guy's room. We know what we're doing with most of it (trains, red gingham...) but I want to have a meaningful quote painted on the wall (long story but this is the baby we never thought we'd be lucky enough to have). This is the last thing we need to decide on for the room, and I'm just STUCK! Any and ALL ideas are very much appreciated! :)

TIA,
~Linda~
Baby #1 due Nov 17, 2004

amazz
08-09-2004, 01:28 PM
I got a quote in a card at my baby shower this weekend and liked it so much I added it to my signiture. Maybe it is something you can use. :)

HTH!
Angela
EDD 10/15/04
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

msmit002
08-09-2004, 02:21 PM
This place is really great! They have a site with a HUGE selection of quotes. And, once you choose one, you can order it. It comes as a transfer for the wall. We used them when I decorated my classroom, and I'm going to do it for the Nursery. If you do not see a quote you like, they can custom-make any quote you like.

http://www.wallwords.com/

jodi b
08-11-2004, 02:50 PM
I think this quote is just beautiful!

"Before you were conceived I wanted you.
Before you were born I loved you.
Before you were here an hour I would die for you.
This is the miracle of love."

I don't remember who said it, but it's on the www.walltowallstencils.com website.

Best wishes!
jodi

yellowdogmom
08-11-2004, 09:31 PM
If you Google "quotations" you'll get some great sites to look for quotes on (don't put in "quotes" because you'll get insurance quotes and such! LOL!)

:) Kristin
Mom to Theo, born 1/12/2004
and Morgan the yellow lab

Rikkele
08-17-2004, 12:43 AM
Also, don't forget song lyrics. Sometimes you can find beautiful "quotes" in the lyrics of your favorite songs.

almostamom
08-17-2004, 09:18 PM
Thank you all so much. I knew I was asking the right people! :) We still haven't quite decided what we'll use, but your suggestions have definitely given us MANY, MANY choices! The people on this board are the BEST!

Many thanks,
~Linda~
Baby #1 due Nov 17, 2004