PDA

View Full Version : IKEA sheets - fit reg. crib mattress?

babymama
08-26-2004, 12:46 PM
Will IKEA crib sheets fit my regular size crib mattress?
Want to buy some, but don't want to have to return if they don't fit (we're several hours from the nearest IKEA).
I know the IKEA cribs are smaller than regular cribs, and wondered if that means the crib sheets will be smaller.
Any help with this will be much appreciated.
Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03
http://lilypie.com/baby1/041116/0/6/1/-6/.png

lfp2n
08-26-2004, 12:54 PM
Are you sure theyre smaller, I think my IKEA crib and mattress is standard.
Anyway I have 2 cotton IKEA sheets that fit my mattress, but I usually use regular size jersey sheets that also fit- they seem smaller if anything but maybe thats because theyre stretchy.
Anyway I guess thats a backwards answer to your question, that my IKEA sheets and my regular sheets seem to be the same size!

Lucy 3/03

babymama
08-26-2004, 01:37 PM
Thanks Lucy -
I've read here that the crib mattresses on IKEA cribs are smaller than a reg mattress, but not as small as a portable crib mattress. It;s the reason that I decided not to buy an IKEA crib.

We're off on a road trip tonight. Can't wait to hit IKEA!!! Woohoo!

I'm slightly obsessed with crib bedding right now. Don't know where it came from. We went for 9 months with a simple cribskirt, no bumper, and 2 (cheap) crib sheets. Then I decided to buy a bumper and for some reason now I'm obsessed with getting coordinating bedding - since I couldn't find sheets to match the first bumper, I bought a second bumper, but now I don't like that 2nd bumper so much (looks a little too baby-baby, for my big monster baby) and I'm thinking about something totally different. What's wrong with me?

I generally love all things IKEA, so I know (given my current obsession) that I won't be able to pass up the sheets if I know they fit DS's mattress.

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03
http://lilypie.com/baby1/041116/0/6/1/-6/.png

lfp2n
08-26-2004, 04:43 PM
I love my IKEA crib, but I bought a simple yellow cotton bumper there, which I use, but its always frustrated me as the ties don't match the position of the bars, so I never get it to tie well like flat. I don't worry as DDs 17 months so I'm not worried about suffocation and she didn't sleep in the crib til 6 months, but I've always thought that was a bit odd.

Lucy DD 3/03