PDA

View Full Version : What does your babe wear while swaddled?

amazz
09-12-2004, 10:15 PM
It will be Oct when Raisin is born, but the weather here is completely unpredictable. It could still be in the 80's or 90's or could be in the 50's or 60's during that time, so I was trying to figure out what I need to dress Raisin in while we swaddle. We have the Miracle Blanket and I have a few other blankets that I think will be an appropriate thickness (not too thick, not too thin) if we have a blow out during the night. (I only got one Miracle Blanket to see if we liked it or not--will get more if we do).

TIA!!
Angela
EDD 10/15/04
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

lampes
09-13-2004, 11:20 AM
We swaddled with only a side snap t shirt or onesie because the blanket covers the top of the baby about 3 times in a swaddle. We also had baby sleep with us so that made a difference as well. If it was really cold, after we swaddled, we stuck her in a Halo sleep sack. If it was warm, we pulled the bottom part of the swaddle free so the air would get out the bottom. HTH

vdrake71
09-13-2004, 02:33 PM
My DS was born in January and we also swaddled with the Halo Sleep Sack.

emilye
09-14-2004, 08:24 AM
We are having a mild summer here in NJ so I am having the same weather now. My baby was born three weeks ago and the nights have been cool ~ we've had the windows open because its so beautiful but I was concerned the baby would be chilly. I put him in one of thoes layette "gowns" with the elastic around the bottom. The sleaves are long but the bottom is open. He often wiggles his arms out of the blanket at night and this way they are protected. He has never been cold his head and neck are always very warm to the touch. Also, the gowns make late night diaper changing very easy when you are bleary eyed! No snaps to line up! Good Luck!

tarahsolazy
09-14-2004, 02:51 PM
I am still swaddling my 22lb 6mo's arms at night and for naps, which is a matter for another post. We use the Miracle Blanket also. During summer, we just had him in his cloth diaper and cover. Now it is chilly at night, so I dress him in a thin cotton sleeper, like Carter's, or Hanna Zippers, and swaddle his arms. No covers in the crib, and usually I leave the covers off for co-sleeping, too. (We do 50/50). He doesn't seem too hot. I think the folks that are using the Halo Sleepsack are brilliant. That's a great idea! You'll love the Miracle Blanket, my son is a MB junkie. At 22lbs, 28 inches, he cannot get his arms out.

Rikkele
09-14-2004, 03:52 PM
I swaddled DD all through the unbearably hot Florida summer wearing anything from a onesie, gown, or footed long sleeved sleeper. We keep the house set at 76 degrees and she never seemed too hot. Of course, I think the MB is thicker than what we were using so that might have been too hot for us. Sadly, our swaddling days ended a few days ago. Tarah, I am jealous that you are still swaddling at 6 mo. I thought we would go longer but she has made it pretty clear that she will no longer tolerate it.