PDA

View Full Version : LE Bunny Belly blanket vs. Comfort Silkie

Emmas Mom
09-28-2004, 11:48 PM
Ok, I thought I had my mind made up on a blanket for DD. A couple people recommended the LE Bunny Belly blanket & after the reviews & getting a swatch from LE, I thought my decision had been made. But now, I'm reading about the Comfort Silkie co-op & wondering if maybe that is something I should consider. I was thinking more along the lines of the Cover Me Once, since I'm looking for something that can fold up quite small (for a diaper bag) but that will provide some warmth (for cooler weather & a plane trip). Can anyone compare the two to give me a better idea of which to choose?? TIA! :)

TaChapm
09-29-2004, 12:28 AM
The quality of the Comfort silkie is incredible! Jackson is almost 2 and we wash his blankets at least twice (often times more) a week and they are still in excellent condition. We have had other similar blankets that DS hated and they didn't hold up at all. HTH
Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02

http://lilypie.com/baby2/021110/1/5/1/-6/.png

shartemink
10-04-2004, 01:38 PM
We have the bunny belly blanket & it is a very nice blanket. I like that it is a soft, lightweight fleece. Also it has his name & birthdate embroidered on it. It is holding up quite well with many washings...the only bummer was that it got a little "fried" in the dryer so now there is a rough spot where some of the fleece melted when it was stuck against the vent inside the dryer. It's a great size & travels well. Sorry, we don't have a comfort silkie to compare it to.

Good luck!
Sam
Mommy to Matthew
3/10/2004

sarsah
10-12-2004, 07:18 PM
Over time the LE Bunny Belly blankets become less soft. It's just the way the fleece wears -- it pills just like any other fleece. I wish they would stay as soft as they are when they are new, but they don't. They are a great travel blanket because they are warm and not too bulky to take with you. It is my #1 choice for travel.

I tried to get my DS#2 hooked on one, but he wouldn't do it -- his 'baby' is a huge Carters fleece blanket from Target that I have to tote everywhere or listen to him scream 'baby' at the top of his lungs if he doesn't have it <lol>.

Sarah.......mom to Jason (5/25/00) & Devin (5/12/03)