PDA

View Full Version : Review : Fleecebaby portable crib/pack n play sheets

Dcclerk
10-08-2004, 01:22 PM
Overall: two thumbs up. Both the babe and the mom give thumbs up for these sheets and much prefer them over the others that we have.

THE FLEECE:
It is soft and wonderful for my texture freak son. We have used them in the mountains where it got down to 40 degrees out and in our home, when it reached temperaturs of about 80 degrees. He was very happy with both. When it is cold, the sheets don't get cold. I've found that pack n play sheets in particular are more apt to get cold than crib ones (probably because of the thin mattress and the proximity to the tile/hardwood floor that we usually have them on). These never get cold. When it is warm outside, the fleece wicks the sweat so that our babe doesn't feel so yucky.

THE FIT:
It fit well and can be made to fit perfectly. It is a little larger than my pack n play mattress, so there was initially some loose material when I used it. My son is old enough that I didn't worry about it, but it did make me wonder for little babies if it would be a problem. The next time I used it, though, I just made sure to tighten everything at the top of the mattress and then put the added material (not that much) on the underside. Given how snug the mattress is in a pack n play, and with the extra thickness of the fleece, it fit very snugly and seemed very difficult to get the extra material out from under the mattress. I did not worry about the material bunching up at all when I did that.

THE LAUNDRY TEST:
I couldn't find what I did with the laundry directions, so I just washed the way I thought it should be done. I washed on warm and dried the same. When it came out, it was not quite as soft and it was just a little pilly, but definitely no more than any other microfleece that we own. My babe was still very happy with it, so I have no complaints in this regard. My dream is to find some equally soft microfleece no matter how often you wash and dry, but I've never found it. This does as well as any other I've had.

THE CONS:
Besides not fitting perfectly snugly without a little bit of extra effort (which, again, is not a big deal to me), I did run into a slight snag with the mesh material that is on the underside of the sheet. Literally. On a pack n play mattress, there are a couple of velcro straps on the bottom of the mattress that you use to wrap the mattress around the frame for storage. I had closed my velcros straps, but not perfectly, and the little velcro that snagged and caused a run in the mesh. It is only cosmetic, and at the bottom of the sheet where no one sees it, so truly a non-issue for me, but I thought I would note the fact for others. The snag occurred on the first or second time that we used the sheets and it has not grown or gotten worse. I was initially thinking that the sheet should just have fleece all the way around, including the bottom, like our terry sheets do. However, I'm afraid that we cause too much uneven bulk under such a thin mattress, so I don't think that is the best solution.

FINAL OVERAL REVIEW:
Get it. I've already had two friends look at it and put it on their child's Christmas list. I suspect another is going to buy it soon herself. It is a great sheet and the only one we use for the pack n play now. You won't be sorry.

2lovingkids
10-10-2004, 04:57 PM
I agree, these are great sheets! I don't have them for a pack and play but I do use them on my crib and love them. My dd sleeps so much better and since she always kicks the blankets off I feel like she is warmer. I would consider these a must have.

soexcited
10-14-2004, 06:18 PM
Hi Kerry,

Do you know if Fleecebaby ever has sales?

Thanks,
Lisa