PDA

View Full Version : light green gingham twin sheets-PBK alternative?

lizajane
10-19-2004, 03:09 PM
i LOVE the PBK green gingham comforter and sheet set (and reversible to solid, and solid sheet set.) dh is very troubled by the price, but i tried to explain that 1) we won't find a set that matches the PBK crib bedding (sharing room with baby), valences, baskets, etc. 2) the do actually have great quality in their bedding and 3) we are going to use it for 10ish years.

i have looked at several sites online and can't find light green gingham. (company store is hunter green). any ideas?? or tell me why you think i should go for the PBK.

i did tell grandma (MIL) about our bedding choices/dilema and she was VERY interested in where to get it and which one we liked! :)

turtledove
10-19-2004, 04:13 PM
The Company Store does have a "mint" color... http://www.thecompanystore.com/parent.asp?product=el93x&dept%5Fid=1516 Not sure if it will work, but they do have some pastel colors.

Katia
10-20-2004, 02:27 AM
I have the Company Store sheets in mint gingham and love them. I'm not sure they'd match the PBK green, though -- isn't that somewhere between a mint and dark green? The only other place I can think of is Land of Nod -- I've seen their green gingham crib sheets IRL and I know it's a good match with the PBK green. Unfortunately, their prices are at least as high as PBK and I don't see much in that color for older kids (just the crib stuff).

I'd take Grandma up on her offer :-)

lizajane
10-23-2004, 07:48 PM
good news- grandma called and said, "don't buy schuyler's bedding yet. we want to come for a visit and maybe we can go to the store together or you can show it to me online."

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

barbarhow
10-25-2004, 10:50 AM
Ralph Lauren outlet has gingham sheets in lots of colors if Grandma falls through. I got 2 sets in red gingham for Jack's room. Hope GM gets you the "real thing", though.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
expecting #2, a Yankee fan, around 5/9/05!