PDA

View Full Version : Serena and Lily

jayali
11-19-2004, 02:16 PM
I was just in my favorite store in town and they just started carrying a new bedding line called Serena and Lily. I fell in love with just about every crib set. The fabrics are to die for and the monogramming is absolutely beautiful. I wish they had it when I was shopping for Matthew's bedding, but luckily they do "big boy" bedding also.

I just thought that I would pass along the name in case anyone is looking for beautiful, different, nursery bedding. If you end up looking at it or buying it, let me know. I would be curious what other people think.

We just maybe have to start on #2 so I can do another nursery!!

autumngrrl
12-02-2004, 09:42 PM
just saw their bedding for the first time today myself... it's beautiful! Can you tell me in what store you saw it, and what was your favorite set for a baby boy?

thanks!

2lovingkids
12-04-2004, 03:21 PM
I'm so excited that I just found your post about this. My sister just sent me a catalog from them and I wondered if anyone had seen it in person. It looks just beautiful.

I would love to hear from someone who has purchased it to see what they think. I would love it for my daughter, but I will probably wait and get it when she is ready for a "big girl" bed.

jayali
12-05-2004, 09:07 AM
There is a little store in town called Whimsicality that will be carrying it here in New Jersey. I didn't get to see it in person because the set she ordered for her display crib had not come in yet. I did get to see the entire line in the book and there wasn't one set that I didn't like. I don't remember all the names but there was a navy and blue strip that I remember loving. The embroidery on the bumpers looked magnificent.

I will be in town again tomorrow or Wednesday and will stop by to see if she has gotten in her display stuff and let you know.

Enjoy

jayali
12-05-2004, 09:09 AM
I posted this in hopes of hearing from someone who all ready had the bedding because, like you, am thinking about it for Matthew's big boy bedding. It really looks stunning, so I imagine the quality is good also. Hopefully someone will post and let us know. If you find out anything further then let me know and I will do the same.

jda312
02-06-2005, 12:13 PM
Wondering if I can bring this thread to life again in hopes of finding someone who owns some Serena and Lily bedding. I LOVE the Lulu pattern for my #2.
http://www.rosenberryrooms.com/116lulucrib.html

I like how the above site lets you really zoom in on the fabric swatches.

No retailers near me even have the bedding on display. I would love to find out if it's as wonderful in person as in the pictures from someone who's bought it. However, more comments from those who've seen it in stores would also be great. I think I'm just looking for justification to pull the trigger and buy it online. Are the bumpers nice and fat? Is the fabric soft? I like the idea of the slipcovered (hence washable) bumpers.

Thanks,
Jennifer
Mom to Noah 5/5/03
Baby girl EDD 5/5/05

jayali
02-12-2005, 06:02 PM
I was the one that started this thread and thought you might like to know that the woman who owns the store that I was talking about is pregnant and expecting a girl and she is doing the Lulu bedding. She has great taste and very high quality standards, so maybe that will help you. Right now she has two cribs on display and one child's room with Serena and Lily and it really is beautiful. I can't recall how fat the bumpers were, but I think I would have noticed if they looked like they were lacking. The material is really great quality - not super soft, but soft and crisp.

I know how hard it is to buy something without seeing it IRL, but I must say that from what I have seen, I would definitely buy it.

Good luck and let us know if you do it, how you like it!