PDA

View Full Version : Anyone order crib bedding from Peanut Tree Designs or Javis Davis?

jenniferh
12-29-2004, 11:01 AM
Has anyone ordered crib bedding from Peanut Tree Designs? I love their Circus Monkey and Frog and Humpty Dumpty fabrics and just ordered swatches.

I have also ordered swatches from Javis Davis as I love some of their fabrics as well.

I want to do something classy but different for my second sons bedroom and these 2 seem to have the best fabrics I can see (that are not completely unreasonable in price).

Thanks!!

MomToCaroline
12-29-2004, 11:35 AM
We ordered our bedding from Javis Davis. I cannot say enough good things to about this company. Wonderful to work with, the owner calls you go discuss your order. Top of the line fabrics. Impeccable quality, better than anything else I found in stores.

I particularly love their bumpers which come in 4 pieces. DD is now 9 months old and likes to stand, so we only had to take out the drop side bumper and left the others in!

I attempted to attach a photo of our set (never did this before), we went with Topsy Turvey toile (aka Circus Monkey), Gilly Plaid, sage green and denim. We had them make the bumper, crib skirt, and 2 sheets. I ordered extra fabric for the curtains and quilt.

Good luck!

jenniferh
12-29-2004, 11:45 AM
I love the Circus Monkey fabric and acutally ordered that swatch from them! I'm a little nervous about picking everything out and how the different fabrics will look together, but I'm happy to hear that they help you out with this.

Thanks for the info and the picture - love your selection!!!!

MomToCaroline
12-29-2004, 11:49 AM
Yes, the control freak in me had a HARD time trusting that it would all work out and look great together. LOL!! Especially since I went with sage green rather than the yellow they normally pair the toile with.

jenniferh
12-29-2004, 02:22 PM
What dust ruffle did you go with? I like the sage green or gilly plaid red with that pattern as well... In your picture, the accents look blue and the gilly plaid doesn't look as red as the web site shows. Maybe they changed the gilly plaid pattern?

MomToCaroline
12-29-2004, 03:53 PM
It was a toss up between the Gilly Plaid and the Toile for the bed skirt, in the end we went with the Toile tailored bedskirt and the Gilly Plaid for the inserts. Of the 2 fabrics, I liked the Toile the best and figured I should put that on the cribskirt which would stay on longer than the bumpers (actually I think that was the owner's suggestion). I attached a couple more photos with a better view of the skirt.

I think the Gilly Plaid is the same. I remember it looking much more red online than the sample they sent me.

jenniferh
12-30-2004, 07:57 AM
I think if I go with this fabric group that I'll get the toile bed skirt. Great suggestion that you'll have the skirt on much longer than the bumper.

Thanks again for your help and your pictures!!!

FLmom2be
01-01-2005, 04:42 PM
Just wanted to chime in that I ordered my bedding from Javis Davis and I also cannot say enough good things about them.

I ordered from the watermelon floral fabric group and everything turned out perfectly. The design consultation was great as well. After searching forever to find the perfect bedding- I was so happy that I came across their site.

Jennifer

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19106.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19107.jpg

jenniferh
01-01-2005, 07:05 PM
Thanks Jennifer! I love your bedding - wish I was having a girl so I could do something similar, but am having a boy. I've looked all over the internet and they have the best patterns, fabrics, design. Waiting for the swatches to come in to decide which I like best...

mama2galpals
01-02-2005, 04:15 PM
hi i just wanted to say i haven't ordered it yet but the woman who owns javis davis is great to work with. i emailed her pictures to show her the rooms and murals and she had great suggestions. i'm thinking about what to get.

however i *did* order from graham kracker in the past and they did a good job too. i got a shower curtain and window valance for the girls bathroom from them. i'll try to post a pic later of it. it's adorable. very good quality too.

rita
mommy to
olivia 2/7/97
stella 9/24/00
emma 1/23/03

masetane
01-13-2005, 10:06 PM
Could you all post links to these places you are talking about - I need some major decor help and I like you can choose the fabric! Thanks - great pictures too!
Caroline
http://fool.exler.ru/sm/ma.gif
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03

mama2galpals
01-14-2005, 06:42 PM
hi caroline,

the two places i know of are

www.grahamkracker.com
www.javisdavis.com

there's also an ebay seller named nadia3*r who alot of people say does good work and is reasonable.

hth!

rita
mommy to
olivia 2/7/97
stella 9/24/00
emma 1/23/03

jenniferh
01-15-2005, 05:22 PM
Here is the link for Peanut Tree Designs -

http://www.store.yahoo.com/peanuttree/index.html

I also found the Topsy Turvy pattern in bedding from Patchcraft - Wonderland. I found it in a local nursery store and bought it last week. Also found the matching fabric from a local fabric outlet for only $12 a yard and am having my mom make me curtains and pillows. Hopefully that will save me some $$ on accessories...

Good Luck!!

jenniferh
01-15-2005, 05:22 PM
Here is the link for Peanut Tree Designs -

http://www.store.yahoo.com/peanuttree/index.html

I also found the Topsy Turvy pattern in bedding from Patchcraft - Wonderland. I found it in a local nursery store and bought it last week. Also found the matching fabric from a local fabric outlet for only $12 a yard and am having my mom make me curtains and pillows. Hopefully that will save me some $$ on accessories...

Good Luck!!

misty_va
02-13-2005, 08:52 PM
I like the sets that Javis Davis has but I was wondering about the way the bumpers tie. I am concerned that my DD may be able to get her head trapped under it since the tie is in the middle of the bumper. That almost happened with the one I have now where the ties are only at the top. Has this been a problem for anyone?

thanks!

Misty

MomToCaroline
02-17-2005, 04:56 PM
I was a bit concerned about that too. But now I wouldn't have it any other way. The bumpers slide up and down with ease, which to me is a good thing. DD can't get stuck that way. It's hard to explain, but I won't buy another bedding set that doesn't tie in the middle. I actaully prefer something that moves up and down with ease, prevents limbs and heads from getting stuck.