PDA

View Full Version : Washing Brandee Danielle bedding?

anika2005
12-31-2004, 10:43 AM
I have a question for all of you having Brandee Danielle bedding. Did you wash the crib bumper, quilt and dust ruffle before using it in the crib. If so, how did it look after washing? How often do you wash the above mentioned things?
TIA
Vidya

Sept04baby
12-31-2004, 11:08 AM
I have a Brandee Danielle bedding set for my 3 month old dd. My particular set says handwasah only on everything (very smart for baby bedding lol) Well I washed everything that was going in the crib (on gentle cycle no dryer) but not the quilt which is hanging on the wall. We don't use the bumpers but they looked fine after the washing (I also threw them in the dryer for a quick fluff after they were dry). I'm not sure if your set is handwash only, but it doesn't seem to matter with mine. I throw the sheet in the washer and dryer all the time and it is fairing just fine (I bought a bunch of other sheets from Carters to match that were machine washable and figure I'll use the Brandee Daniell sheet and wash and dry it like normal- I'm not going to handwash my daughter's bedding, I already do enough laundry =)
Hope this helps, I LOVE Brandee Danielle bedding it is SO cute!

JuJuE
12-31-2004, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the info :) I had a set of Brandee Danielle for my older son and I didn't wash the bumper before using it, and now since he has moved into a bed, I was thinking of selling it. Now I know I can attempt washing it to sell it :) Thanks!

vikivoly
01-01-2005, 11:19 AM
I only washed the sheet prior to the baby's arrival. It also says "hand wash", but I wash on warm and throw it in the dryer and it still looks new. As for the quilt, bumper and skirt, I only washed them once on cold and air-dried. Everything still looks as good as new. I love my bedding and I'm sure you will too!

vpalmer
01-01-2005, 11:41 AM
Vidya,

We have had our Brandee Danielle bedding for 18 months now and it still looks practically new, even with washing and drying it. The tag does read hand wash only and I have all but ignored that to no avail. We only washed the sheet prior to using. We washed everything else on an "as need" basis. We first washed the bumpers after about 8 months due to a major crib accident. Our bumper is in 4 parts and I washed to sections at a time using the regular cycle (major accident, gentle was not going to cut it) and then let them air dry. I have since only washed the bumper one other time. We hung the quilt on the wall until Eva was 12 months old. We now use it in the crib and wash and dry it every two weeks or so. I was a bit concerned at first, but now I just wash it and dry it along with the rest of her clothing and it still looks great. I also wash and dry the sheet regularly. I have a PBK sheet that I rotate with the BD sheet. I have never washed the dust ruffle though. Have fun with your bedding. We love ours.

Happy New Year,

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born 6-03

anika2005
01-01-2005, 06:12 PM
Thank you very much for the replies. Now, I'll wash the bedding with confidence.

Vidya