PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find inexpensive, pastel colored drawer pulls?

jerseygirl07067
02-08-2005, 10:17 PM
We just painted DD's soon to be new room lavender and we are recycling some of my old white furniture. The current drawers have handles and I want to replace them with a few different pastel colored handles that will coordinate with her bedding. Looking for lavender, pink, yellow, light blue (along those lines), but in handles not knobs.

Where can I find these inexpensively? If I do just have to buy cheapie wood ones and paint them myself, what kind of paint should I use? I have a bunch of latex paint left over from various rooms in our house as well as acrylic paint that we used to paint fish/shells etc. on the walls in the nursery.

I want to keep this as inexpensive as possible and all the things I saw online were mostly knobs and mostly expensive!! Lowe's actually did have cute drawer pulls that were lavender and yellow, but I need 11 and they were 5 bucks each. I want to see if I can do this cheaper if possible. Every bit counts toward maternity leave!!

Marcy

new_mommy25
02-10-2005, 02:34 AM
Check out Target.com. They have a bunch you could paint.

jerseygirl07067
02-10-2005, 08:35 AM
Thanks. What kind of paint do you suggest that will be durable for the drawer pulls. Latex? Acrylic?

TIA,
Marcy