PDA

View Full Version : When can a baby safely sleep with a blanket without worrying about SIDS?

christymc33
04-10-2005, 02:50 PM

WooChx
04-14-2005, 02:15 PM
From 0-6 montns my DD slept on her back with a blanket tucked in around her sleep positioner. Since she could not or did not move at all through the night, the blanket was never a concern for us. Around 3.5 month she was able to pull the blanket off her face when playing peek-a-boo so again, wasn't worried about suffocation. According to my Ped the SIDS threat ends at about 6 months. This was when my DD decided to start sleeping on her stomach. This scared me more than the blanket. She still sleeps with a blanket laid over her at night and even though she moves around the crib there has never been a problem. The blanket is light weight and she has learned to simply move it if it's not where she wants it to be.

kaitlinsmommy
04-14-2005, 11:15 PM
Our dd also always slept with a receiving blanket.

EagerlyAwaitingBaby
05-06-2005, 11:59 PM
DD always sleeps with a blanket. We just draped it over her, but not near her face - basically up to her armpits. DD was a January baby and the sleep sacks weren't warm enough. I didn't want her to get cold at night. Also we noticed that she sleeps better with the blanket. For the first 12 weeks, she slept with a sleep positioner. Right now, we have an AngelCare monitor, so we never worried. And anyway, when they are tiny they don't move much. Now she rolls over etc. so we really are not worried.