PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone use "Inclined to sleep"?

jjrochester
04-13-2005, 10:48 AM
Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone has use "Inclinded to sleep" for newborn. Here is the link of the product.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00007B76C/ref=ba_br_o_a5//002-6849201-7651244?v=glance&s=baby&me=A1F83G8C2ARO7P&coliid=I1JWAITGASB8Q5&colid=C1JVM7BUJNNB

Is it a must have product? And How long will the baby sleep on it in general?

Thanks in advance.
jjrochester

Emmas Mom
04-13-2005, 03:13 PM
We used it for our DD & really liked it. Our DD had some initial breathing issues & so her pediatrician recommended she sleep on an incline. Plus it kept her "snug" & I think, as a newborn, she liked that. We probably used it for 4-5 months, I can't exactly remember anymore! Until she started rolling over. I liked it because it kept her positioned on her side nicely too. Some people don't like them, personally I did. Another recommendation I heard, about sleeping on an incline, was to raise the crib mattress up on one end. We tried that & DD slid down, so it didn't work for us. :)

ETA: by "raising the crib mattress up" I only meant by one level, so it was a small incline, not a huge one. Hope that makes sense!

MarisaSF
04-13-2005, 08:05 PM
We used one similar by DEX that had memory foam -- we really liked it!
We used it until she could roll over (~4-5 months?)
It was rec'd by our ped to prevent flat-head.

stonecali
04-18-2005, 08:45 AM
I have the Inclined to Sleep and LOVE IT - I consider it a must have product for sure. I only wish we would have brought it with us to the hospital (DD is a month old). She loves it because it keeps her snug between to two partitions, and I love it because I can put her either right on her back or kind of at an angle and know she'll stay put. It is nice because their head is not right on the firm mattress it is really soft and supposedly it helps prevent a flat head. :)