PDA

View Full Version : Desperately searching for a crib mattress pad- any recs?

JTsMom
04-29-2005, 01:57 PM
I'm ready to pull my hair out over this one! I have bought 2 different brands of mattress pads at a local baby specialty store. I read that you should wash them several times to check for shrinkage... both brands ripped on the third wash! I followed the instructions on each- warm wash, dry low, but no luck.

Both ripped at the seam where the cheapy fabric edge meets the pad part. The second one also ripped in the middle of the cheapy part.

Someone please tell me there is a decent mattreses pad out there! I did a search and found some great reviews for the Lands End pad, but the post is pretty old. Are they still good? Any other suggestions?

I don't mind spending the extra money to get better quality, but I want to make sure it's going to hold up. Also, how many pads do I REALLY need? I'm thinking 2.

twodogs
04-29-2005, 05:45 PM
Do you mind to post the brands that you have already bought that didn't hold up? I am about to purchase one and don't want one that will fall apart! Thanks.

JTsMom
04-30-2005, 06:46 AM
I *think* the first one was called Bambino. The one that ripped in two places is Baby Dreams Diaper Top. They were both around $12-15 or so.

houseof3boys
04-30-2005, 09:01 AM
I love the LE one! I have washed it a few times in our regular sized washer and no problems whatsoever. I did hang it up to dry after it was in the dryer for about 30 mintues and it was fine. It is worth the extra money.

You don't need two pads either. Even if you did laundry and had to make the bed without the pad for one night, it wouldn't kill you.

JTsMom
05-03-2005, 09:32 AM
The LE one is backordered until the end of May, and I'm due in 3 weeks! :( Anyone else have any suggestions? Please?!

amp
05-03-2005, 09:43 AM
I hate the quality of most of the pads out there for cribs! I had bad luck with some from BRU and Target. I did find one I really like at BRU that is a Sealy or Simmons brand. The quilting is not "cute" like the first ones, but it is much better. Better padding and better fit. It is holding up a bit better overall, although I can't say it's wonderful! I'd go for name brand and spend a bit more, and I agree on checking out how they perform! Good luck!

nitaghei
05-03-2005, 09:57 AM
The Company Store.
www.company.kids.com

We've been using ours for over two years, and it's as good as new, even after multiple washings.

HTH

Nita (wool is my crack)
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker (at the Rainbow Bridge)

smilla653
05-05-2005, 11:35 PM
I have one from Company Kids and it seems to be of very high quality.