PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas for decorating a room for my 2 yr. olds...boy & girl....

mykidzmom
05-03-2005, 11:18 AM
Hello,
I have a 2.5 yr. old son, and a 2 yr. old daughter. When we move in our new house, they will be sharing a room. I would love ideas on how to decorate their room. I really want to do a mural, because the room is fairly large. I just can't come up with something that would work for a boy and a girl. Any ideas? They would be greatly appreciated!! :)

Renee

JTsMom
05-04-2005, 07:19 AM
How about something like a jungle theme? Target has the CUTEST bathroom stuff- that's how I decorated DS's bathroom, so I a little biased. :)

PBK has really cute under the sea and surfing themes

Some type of a storybook theme

You could do an outdoors mural- like a big field with a big tree- you could add a swing, a little stream, some animals, etc. Allkidsmurals.com has some cute ideas.

What sorts of things do they like? If they have a common interest, you could build off of that.

mykidzmom
05-04-2005, 07:59 AM
Thank you!! Those are some great ideas. I especially love the tree with a swing. They both LOVE playing outside. I'm off to visit the mural website you listed. Thanks again for your help!! :)

mama2galpals
05-06-2005, 07:16 AM
the pp's ideas are great.

also, i recently saw a magazine pic of a room for boys and girls and they used the exact same bedding in different colors which i thought looked cool and easy.

rita
mommy to
olivia 2/7/97
stella 9/24/00
emma 1/23/03

There is no remedy for love but to love more.
--Henry David Thoreau

http://lilypie.com/baby3/030123/3/4/1/+10/.png