PDA

View Full Version : Looking for cute light fixture for ceiling!

laura1
05-05-2005, 05:23 PM
Hi there,
We took the crusty, old ceiling fan off the ceiling in the room that's becoming the nursery, and we'd like to install a cute kid-friendly light fixture in it's place. We want something colorful as opposed to the standard smoked glass & brass kinda thing you'd find at Home Depot...

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Laura

azmom
05-05-2005, 11:35 PM
I don't know if you're having a boy or a girl, but for our girl, we found the CUTEST ceiling fan. The blades are each a different color (pink, sage, blue, etc) and the parts that holds the blades are white flowers; and it has a light. We found it at Lowe's after looking just about everywhere.

tarabenet
05-10-2005, 07:58 AM
That is the fan my niece has! She loves looking at the fan and the butterfly pulls on the chains! And it is so cute for a girl room.

For a more boyish look, I have seen baseball-themed ones, with fat baseball bats for blades. And I think the ones that look like airplane props are cute -- and could go in an older kid's room nicely. I also like one with each blade a different bright color.

I have seen all those at Home Depot or Lowe's. Cute light fixtures without fans included are a little more rare, I think, but I have seen one or two.

Have you seen on the room makeover shows when they paint the old fans? I think that is very cool. I have seen them paint the fans up like palm tree leaves, but you could do almost anything. When you set a fan on "slow" it is as mesmerizing for a baby as a mobile -- why not decorate it like one? Could paint any kind of motif, different strong-contrast designs, etc.

cchavez
05-10-2005, 01:01 PM
We purchased a nice looking ceiling fan at Home Depot and then DH painted the blade red using spray paint. DS LOVES it!