PDA

View Full Version : For those who have Company Kids crib mattress pads . . .

alb
05-09-2005, 12:36 PM
I read in a prior post that a couple of posters (i.e. nitaghei and smilla653) bought mattress pads from Company Kids and are pleased with them. I wanted to buy the LE mattress but I'm due right around the time they would be sent out (they are backordered until 5/31, I'm due 6/6/). So, I'm considering Company Kids, only I have a quick
question:

Which one should I order? There are several on their website but these are the two that looked good to me:

http://www.thecompanystore.com/parent.asp?product=ma55x&dept%5Fid=101

($22 and waterproof) OR--

this one:

http://www.thecompanystore.com/parent.asp?product=M302x&dept%5Fid=1230

($30, cotton, doesn't say waterproof).

Which one do you have if you have one? Any recommendations?? Thanks in advance!

smilla653
05-09-2005, 10:43 PM
I have the cotton-top waterproof one. Hasn't seen any action yet (baby due in a week) but it washed up and fit the Classica mattress fine. I was a bit worried at first, because it seemed too "poofy" but it lays quite flat.

nitaghei
05-10-2005, 09:02 AM
For some reason the links aren't working for me. But what we have is a cotton topped waterproof one - probably the first one. It fits well over the Classica mattress, and works just fine. We've had a couple of times when DS managed to undo his diaper. sigh.

HTH

Nita (wool is my crack)
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker (at the Rainbow Bridge)

alb
05-10-2005, 09:08 AM
Thanks Smilla and Nita--That's just what I wanted to know. WE have the Classica too so it's good to know that the cotton top waterproof one will work over that. Nita--I tried the link too and it says the products are unavailable. not sure what that is all about but I am going to try to order them today.

Also, how many mattress pads did you guys get? Is one enough or should I get two? Thanks again!

nitaghei
05-10-2005, 10:36 AM
One is plenty. I also got a cheap flat flannel pad (Carter's?) as a back-up. But really, the couple of times we've had to strip the bed, I just put a sheet back on, and DS didn't seem to care.

HTH

Nita (wool is my crack)
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker (at the Rainbow Bridge)

alb
05-10-2005, 01:00 PM
Great, thank you! Going now to order it!