PDA

View Full Version : mattress pad cover that breathes

lisbeth916
05-10-2005, 02:20 AM
My baby is three months old and still likes to be swaddled in order for her to sleep. In fact she wakes up even if an arm gets lose. Since she needs the receiving blanket, I am noticing that she is getting hot on her back. Right now at 3:00 am it seems to be around 77 degrees in the house. My question is.... is there a mattress pad that circulates better? The one that is on there now I think holds in the heat way too much. She may as well be sleeping on rubber. My husband said her back felt all wet when went into her room.
Thanks in advance, Beth

pritchettzoo
05-10-2005, 10:48 PM
Some people like lambswool mattress pads. Despite the instinct that wool is hot, it's acutally a very breathable, natural material. I haven't tried the mattress pads, but I use wool diaper covers and I'm amazed at how cool DD stays in them compared to other covers. The Company Store makes one for cribs: http://www.thecompanystore.com/parent.asp?product=M611x&dept%5Fid=3502

Also, you may want to swaddle her just in her diaper. If she's wrapped in several layers of a flannel blanket, she probably doesn't need the extra layer of clothing.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and a BOY! (coming July '05)