PDA

View Full Version : Place to find Quilt CLips?

clc053103
05-12-2005, 10:38 AM
Does anyone know where I can find quilt clips for hanging the quilt, other than PBK or BRU (I wasn't crazy about their selection)?
Web site or in store- doesn't matter!!
Hoping to find something to go w/ nautical theme.

Thanks in advance!

shilo
05-13-2005, 05:49 PM
hi,

i found the kidsline brand of baby bedding to have quilt clips with most of their patterns. we have an under the sea theme in our nursery, so i just bought some of their star shaped clips and painted them like starfish to match my bedding.

they have a nautical theme set called regatta that comes with clips you could paint to match your bedding colors. found here:
http://www.burlingtoncoatfactory.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Section_Id=17525&Product_Id=395817&source=froogle

and/or

http://www.babysupermall.com/main/products/kli/kli6500qc-item.html

another idea might be to by a set of the PBK set that are square shaped with the circles embossed on them and 'upholster them' in some fabric from your set (ie an extra crib sheet or end of a valence. or even buying some nice nautical rope, tieing a fancy knot of some sort and attaching that to some plainer clips.

anyway, hth.
lorien

EDD 5/12/05

Jenn98
05-14-2005, 09:37 AM
Just a few weeks back I saw some at Target and/or Baby Depot (pregnant memory is in full drive!). I wasn't looking for them so I didn't pay too much attention. I was just surprised to see them there. sorry I might not be too much help, but it's a start!

Jenn

clc053103
05-15-2005, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the suggestions- I am LOVING the idea of decorating plain ones with rope- so nautical!! That's my next project!

katydid1971
05-18-2005, 09:23 PM
I ordered some real nice plane wood ones from Ebay. Thorstore or something like that. Just put in a search for quilt clips. They are a ton more sturdy than the ones made for baby quilts (these are made for hanging large quilts) and less expensive (as with everything baby they double the price) Also try going to a quilt store they will have them too.

laretce6
05-19-2005, 09:16 AM
I got plain wooden ones at JoAnn's and then decorated them to match her room. I think they were around $8.

Caroline
Mama to Eleanor Katherine 8.2.04