PDA

View Full Version : Flannel Bedding Land of Nod

soontobemommy
05-29-2005, 04:52 PM
Hi!
I am in love with some of the bedding from Land of Nod but it's flannel (assume that means bumper too?) I wasn't sure if that was good to get for year round but more for winter? thoughts also on Land of Nod bedding?

Thanks!
Lauren

JerseyMom
05-30-2005, 01:35 PM
I just bought this bedding for my daughter. I wanted something floral and girl, but not pastel and boring. And boy is this set anything but boring. It is a loud apple green, a vibrant deep pink and even some red for fun. I highly recommend getting sample swatches before ordering, because the pictures online and in the catalog do not do it justice.

When the set came, it smelled horribly. There was a note in box explaining how to wash it due to the smell which is caused by the chemical dye process. When it was washed as directed, the smell was gone.

As for the flannel, I don't think it is a winter only kind of bedding. It is for a crib, not a bed, meaning, if it were for a bed, it would have a top sheet as well and that might be too hot for someone to use year round. However since it is for the crib, it is only a bottom sheet which makes for very comfy, soft sleep. And the bumpers aren't so overly padded that it makes the crib seem stuffy.

My only complaint is that since the fabric is flannel, it washes like flannel. It looks shabby chic immediately which almost upset me. But then I remembered it is the nature of cotton flannel to pill and look broken in. And in many cases that is what makes it even cozier.

So considering the color is bright and happy but the fabric is cozy and soft, it makes for a nice set.Overall, I am very pleased with it and being that my daughter wasn't sleeping through the night in the crib before we bought it and now she is, I would say she likes it too!

soontobemommy
05-31-2005, 10:13 AM
Hi,
thanks for the input. I am not sure if I will actually get it without a swatch since you said it's so bright so appreciate the heads up! Which style did you get? I am liking the Patch Flannelle just wish it was not flannel. I also like the Puzzle Patch too.

Lauren

terrapin_mon
05-31-2005, 07:12 PM
Hi,

Just thought I would add my two cents. I have flannel crib bedding from PBK not Land of Nod but it works well even in summer time. (I live in IL) I thought it would get too hot, but it does not and as they say flannel wicks away moisture so the baby stays dry no matter what.

Yeah it lints a little, but it has worn well and more importantly I love it!

Ritu