PDA

View Full Version : Crib Bedding - Brand/Store Recommendations?

cc8
06-23-2005, 03:08 PM
We just started looking into crib bedding. The problem we’re running into is that the stuff we’ve seen at BRU feels really scratchy/rough. I mean – the styles are extremely cute – but the quality leaves much to be desired.

I’ve read the Baby Bargains book but am looking for personal recommendations.

Where did you get your crib bedding? For us, quality is more important than design (though we don’t want anything ugly or too plain!). Ideally, we’d like to get recommendations where we can go into a physical store and check out the stuff (so that rules out retailers who sell exclusively online).

Thank you!

tiapam
06-23-2005, 10:27 PM
I am very happy with all of the bedding I got from Pottery Barn Kids. It is a green gingham bumper and white crib skirt with green gingham trim. I got one of them on sale, so that is how I finally decided on the bedding. Also, it went with an animal alphabet wall hanging that was from PBK. We also have one white crib sheet and a chamois crib sheet from PBK and I like them, too. With the wall hanging right above the crib, we have kind of a plain version of Alphabet Soup, which I think came out right after we did our nursery. Chamois Lambie is nice, too.

There are a lot of choices out there. I think the quality is very important and also helps to narrow things down.

-Pam

Charlotte born October 2004

Adina
06-23-2005, 11:07 PM
I am personally thrilled with the Patchkraft bedding we got for out little girl. I did quite a bit of research because there are so many bedding choices out there. I fell in love with the Patchkraft pink and white bubbles pattern and was so happy when I found out (as listed in the babybargains book) that they have an outstanding reputation for safety and quality. Patchkraft has a website but is also carried in retail stores (which are listed on the website).

Just the other day my friend from out of town came to see our baby and the first thing she said when she walked into the nursery was "wow- your bedding is stunning!"

-Adina

Hannah born March 2005

marcywench
06-26-2005, 03:03 PM
I purchased the "boys" Casey bedding from Pottery Barn Kids. (I liked the primary/bright colors.) It's gingham, and I'm really pleased. I'm lucky enough to have a PB outlet nearby, and I've bought more pieces from them.

vdrake71
06-27-2005, 12:31 PM
I purchased both of my crib bedding online, but after seeing them in a store first. I think it is really important to see and feel the bedding before you buy it. Both of my sets are Wendy Bellisimo. This is before her bedding was made in China and available in BRU. I really like her bedding because the bumpers are plush (downside to pottery barn) and the bumpers have a zipper so you can wash them. Also, she has lots of different styles and you can get some accessories with them.

The best thing about Pottery barn is all of the accessories.

If you post your area, some people might be able to suggest possible stores.