PDA

View Full Version : decor in an apartment

maestramommy
06-29-2005, 12:37 PM
Hi all:

I was going to go with themed bedding, but since I was only going to buy the sheet, ruffle, and hamper. I didn't think this would be easy to work around. After looking at too many prints with different a la carte items available, I decided to buy solid sheets and ruffle from Lands End. Probably yellow/gold sheet and blue ruffle. I'm having a girl, but I want the bedding to last for more than one baby and I'm not into the very girly themes. Does anyone have decorating suggestions for an apartment? We can't paint the walls or put any kind of border up. We can hang things on the wall and change the curtains. I'd like something that nice to look at but doesn't assault the senses with a THEME. I like animals, shapes, toys (does anyone notice that all the cute themed bedding with toys is for boys?). Someone posted a question about a book theme, and I thought that was pretty cool too, but I don't know about hanging books from the wall. Maybe pictures of the books :-).

Sara_Avery_1more
06-30-2005, 07:16 AM
Some ideas:

Removable wall paper...just do a websearch

Wallies: Are removeable and won't ruin the wall

Wall Letters: Get plain ones at a craft store and paint them yourself. You can do the baby's name or any other word (ex. Baby, Sweet Dreams, etc)

tiapam
07-04-2005, 07:34 PM
Check out the Alphabet Soup stuff at Pottery Barn Kids (PBK). We have a cute wall hanging that goes with this theme that has an animal alphabet on it. I have only seen this in the store, not online. I can't attach a photo, but you can see it in this previous thread:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=5832&mesg_id=5832&listing_type=search
-Pam

Charlotte born October 2004

lynettefrancois
07-07-2005, 09:55 PM
How about buying a big piece of artists' canvas and painting a design on there? Then you can hang that on the wall, and take it with you if you move. A simple landscape with large sunrays and an ocean might be nice! :)
ETA: Look for a sale at Hobby Lobby or something like that for unstretched canvas. I'm sure you can use cheap-o acrylic paint from anywhere. HTH!