PDA

View Full Version : Portable crib for tall 1yr old?

strusmom
07-20-2005, 02:20 PM
Son is turning 1 year this week, 31" tall, 24lbs.

So tired of lugging around heavy PNP! Could you recommend a portable crib/bed that he can fit for indoor use for overnight trips at hotels, friends, grandmas, etc?

I have looked at:
Peapod - too small
Aerobed - walls not high enough for 1 yr old
Small Fry design - walls not high enough

Questions:
1) OSA Quick 'n Easy inflatable. Who is the manufacturer & where can I buy online please?
2) Nomad Travel Bed has 2 poles for installation--looks like a hassle for an overnight stay- has anyone used for indoor use only? (I can ask a friend in UK to buy it)
3) Any other Portable I missed appropriate for his size/age?
Thanks!

Thank you!

gramma2hannah
08-10-2005, 11:24 PM
I don't know of any portable cribs that you could use, but I can tell you what I did when my grandkids came for a visit. I only have a queen size bed and with 3 grandkids, it was a problem. The youngest was barely a year old. I bought a small dome tent in bright yellow. I then put sleeping bags inside. They were soooooooo delighted - thought of visiting as an indoor campout. They were also very disappointed when they all outgrew it. It was fun for them and a sinch to put up, very lightweight too. We used kiddie sleeping bags too - ones that you can wash and dry. We even zipped it half way up - kept their teddy bears and everything in it.

I know it isn't a portable crib, but they sure loved it. Just a thought!

Cher
Owner of Sweet Pea's Heirlooms