PDA

View Full Version : Poll inside: I need opinions on decor...

hannahbear
08-08-2005, 12:58 PM
I would really appreciate everyone's opinions on color choices/combinations to complement the bedding that I have ordered below. I had a really hard time finding something I loved that wasn't gender specific. The set I ordered below is actually dark brown and ivory (I know it looks black and white)and comes with a chocolate brown striped sheet (instead of pink). My sleigh crib is a darker wood color but not too dark as is the rest of the furniture.

1. What color would you paint the walls? The ceiling?
a. a rich ivory
b. a light/pale green
c. a light/pale blue

2. What color would you order the fabric for the glider in? (The glider is a dutailier and is the same color wood as the crib).

We were leaning towards doing 12 inch stripes in either a pale green/ivory or the same shade of green in a flat/semi gloss so that it looks as though the semi gloss stripes were satiny.

Thanks so much for your opinions, any other helpful ideas or comments are appreciated and welcome!

Hanaa
*surprise*

mattiew
08-08-2005, 04:54 PM
Unfortunately, your picture isn't opening correctly; perhaps you need to change the file type from txt to jpg.

Looking forward to seeing what you picked out!
Carrie

new_mommy25
08-08-2005, 06:29 PM
I can't see the pic.

funda62
08-13-2005, 03:05 PM
(If you click on the attachment link it does open)

I would probably go with ivory for the ceiling and the green flat/semi stripes for the walls. For the glider I would go for a neutral tan or brown and then find a green throw to go over the back of it. That way the glider will match no matter if you repaint or change the bedding.

I love this skywriter painting http://www.babyoliverboutique.com/painting-personalized-skywriter.html which I think would be fairly easy to duplicate yourself and add the name once baby arrives. It would go nicely with your color choices. This sight http://www.rosenberryrooms.com/childrens-bedroom-accessories.html also has some amazing canvas wall-art. For a less expensive alternative try allposters.com.

Have fun!

amp
08-13-2005, 10:41 PM
Can't see the pic because it's a text file. If you repost it as a jpg more of us could give you an opinion.

s7714
08-14-2005, 12:58 AM
For those that seem to be unable to view the JPEG disguised as a TXT file (the link does work!), I embedded the image for you to look at...

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/28806.jpg

Hanaa-
The bedding is beautiful! I think stripes of pale green and ivory would look very elegant. If you were unsure about doing a color, you could also try the same technique but use two shades of ivory (again with the satin/flat stripes), which would be very subtle. I don't know if I'd use the same green for both stripes, as it might be too hard to see unless you're looking in the right light and at the right angle. Maybe you can get some sample cans from the store and paint a couple of mock up boards. That way you can tell for sure which color combo looks best.

It would be very cool if you could get some of the fabric that the bedding is made in and order the glider with your own fabric for the cushions (they do have that option available on the Dutailiers.) That might be a little $$ though. My second pick would be an ivory fabric. A little more susceptible to stains, but maybe you could put some of the spray-on stain protector on before using it?

Be sure to let us know what you decide! (And post pictures too! ;) )

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

amp
08-14-2005, 08:51 AM
Actually the link doesn't work for everyone. For me, it opens as a text file of gobbeldygood, to be technical, and I would have to do a bunch of trying to revise it to another format to view it. So thank you for embedding it as a jpg.

Mommy_Again
08-25-2005, 08:35 PM
I dont think you know what you are having; in that case I would go for the ivory or green walls (pale pink with the pink sheet would be gorgeous for a girl, though). Another option would be to look at a color book from a paint store, find the chocolate brown color, and go with a much lighter version of it. Darker than ivory...cafe au lait comes to mind (coffee with a lot of cream). That would be very elegant.

For the glider, I think the same chocolate brown would be very pretty if they offer that.

As for striping, it might look too busy and detract from the bedding if you used two different colors. A matte/satin stripe would look nice though.

Where did you find this bedding? I really love it, it's just so unique and elegant.