PDA

View Full Version : Glenna Jean Bedding-"Isabella"-Any Good??

brennajmorgan
08-12-2005, 11:13 AM
First time mom & poster here. My husband and I fell in
love with the look of this bedding, but no one locally
carries it. I'm nervous to order it w/out seeing it first.
Baby Bargains gave it a B- for not having ties at the bottom
of the bumper and "sewing construction of the appliques
just wasn't very impressive".

Does anyone else have this line? Are you happy with it? Is
it a safty hazard that the bumper doesn't have ties at the
bottom? I can't seem to find it for less than $357.14 for
the 4 piece set, or $392 for the 5 piece (babysupermall.com).

I'd appreciate any feedback or advise that you have!!!

overcome
08-14-2005, 09:23 AM
I don't have the Isabella pattern, but I did purchase the Maggie's Garden pattern (also made by Glenna Jean) from babysupermall.com (BTW I was pleased with their service...first time I had used them).

I was a bit worried about the one bumper tie too, but my set has top and bottom bumper ties. The BB book also says something about the crib sheets not being 100% cotton, but mine is. Maybe it just depends on the pattern?

If I remember correctly, babysupermall.com has a pretty decent return policy...

Good luck!
Ashley

cchavez
08-14-2005, 02:01 PM
I have seen this set IRL. It is very pretty and girly. :) I don't remember if it has top or bottom ties. The sheet is cream flannel fabric. hth.

veronica
08-14-2005, 06:36 PM
First time mom here too and my husband and I spent hours online and at various baby stores looking for the right pattern. this one caught our eye every time. Right after we decided on it, we were at our local BRUS and they had it on display. Their price was ridiculous at $459 compared to online but around July 4th, they were having a 25% off sale on the set. We ended up paying $345 and their return policy is great. We also happened to see the same set at a local baby store on display so you may get lucky. We don't have our furniture yet so it isn't out of the package but the quality is great. The sheet is not 100% cotton but a very soft mix that feels softer than flannel. The bumper is very strong and hard to push down on which is a great plus. Each end of the bumper has ties at the top and bottom while the middle portion has only ties at the top. No complaints here. Everything else in the set is very nice. Check local Babies R Us and you may be able to see it.

Good luck to you.

LexyLou
08-16-2005, 04:52 PM
We have this bedding and love it. DD isn't here yet but it's very sturdy and the bumper stays in place very well. The sheet is a cream flannel which is nice in the winter but way too hot in the summer especially here in San Diego. We plan on getting some pink gingham sheets that are 100% cotton.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/28850.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/28851.jpg