PDA

View Full Version : Outgrowing Miracle Blanket! HELP!!

twodogs
11-29-2005, 11:24 AM
Our baby is 5 months old and loves her Miracle Blankets. We have used them for naps and bedtime since she was a few weeks old. Now, she is too long and it barely goes around her chest as well. I know they don't come is sizes, so has anyone found anything else that works for larger babies? Thank you.

Calla
11-30-2005, 08:25 AM
If you leave her legs out of the pocket, you will still be able to use it to wrap her arms. So, if you have a sleepsack underneath to cover her legs, it would be basically the same.

We stopped using the Miracle Blanket at 4.5 months because one night baby decided she didn't like it anymore -- that day may also be coming for you...

vdrake71
11-30-2005, 01:18 PM
My DS is 4 months old and we use the Miracle Blanket every night. He is also too long so we do not put his feet in the blanket. I fear the time that I have to transition him out of the Miracle Blanket. Right now if we do not use it he will fuss.

Good luck!

ajrivers
12-15-2005, 04:25 PM
We are at 5.5 months and still use it with his legs out...it just ends up being tucked behind him. If you are crafty you can just get a large piece of fabric (probably 50 x 50 or more) and so that and swaddle the old fashioned way.

Also, we've just gone to one arm out which makes it fit even better...hopefully we'll be totally out of it soon.

cchavez
12-15-2005, 07:50 PM
I gave my neighbor a miracle blanket to use w/ her DD when she was born. He DD is now 5 months and my neighbor is weaning her from the MB b/c she read on Dr. Karp's site that babies should no longer be swaddled after 4-5 months.

ajrivers
12-16-2005, 07:04 AM
Below is what he actually says...I know that I swaddle to help him sleep longer as opposed to calm him down when he's fussy. It may be the exception to keep swaddling at this age, but it is ok if it helps them sleep as I also talked to my pediatrician.

"With few exceptions , babies are ready to be weaned off wrapping by three to four months of age, alhough some sleep better wrapped - even up to one year of age."

"Next many parents wean the swaddling (after sucking and swinging. After four months, try wrapping your baby tightly - with one arm out. He should be able to suck his fingers and soothe himself. If he sleeps just as well that way, try putting him to bed with no bundling. However, if he starts waking up more, take a step back and return to wrapping."

Have a great one! Amy