PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Lampshade Nightlight

Jenny_A
12-01-2005, 02:43 PM
Has anyone seen a little lampshade nightlight for a baby or children's room? I've seen them at Kirkland's and other home decor stores but they are usually not suited for a children's room. I have in mind a pink shade with sparkles, fringe, or beading. Thanks for your help!

cchavez
12-01-2005, 03:02 PM
I know that you can buy the items to make them at craft stores like Hobby Lobby and Micahaels. You could just buy the fabric and fringe that you like and make it. Or have someone make it for you? HTH

Jenny_A
12-01-2005, 03:33 PM
Thanks Christine! I wondered about that option. Is it a kit that you use and then just buy the fabric, etc... separately?

s7714
12-01-2005, 05:35 PM
I've seen some like that at Lowe's. They had a couple with shades and beads around the edges in fact. I just looked on their website and couldn't find them, but I saw them at my local store about a month ago. They were in the wallpaper/window treatment area. (They're made to match a line of children's wallpaper and room decorations.)

HTH,
Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

When raising kids the days are oh so long, but the years are short.--John Leguizamo

cchavez
12-01-2005, 08:00 PM
yes, it is a kit....another thought is to try ebay

MommyAllison
12-04-2005, 09:08 PM
I've seen some at Target - in the children room decor section, which is with the storage/bathroom organization stuff (in my Target thats between the seasonal stuff and electronics). HTH!

Allison
http://b1.lilypie.com/XvRAm8/.png (http://lilypie.com)

kaitlinsmommy
12-07-2005, 10:59 PM
I've seen them at PBK but don't know if they have them right now.

car123
01-04-2006, 01:42 PM
I bought a pink one for my DD at Babies R Us. By the way, I love how it looks in her room

Jenny_A
01-04-2006, 02:22 PM
Just as an update... I ended up going to JoAnn Fabrics and found just what I was looking for. They did have the kits there to make one. They ran about $12.00. They also had plain gingham lampshade nightlights in green, blue and pink. You could easily add fringe or whatever to them. They ran about $7.00. I got the pink gingham and ended up leaving it plain. The lampshade itself is a very pretty shape. Thanks for all of the help! For anyone looking in the future, I would recommend trying fabric stores like JoAnn's and Michael's.

juliasmom05
01-04-2006, 04:18 PM
Glad you found something that you liked. We got a kit from Michael's and used fabric and ribbon to match DD's curtains. It was super simple and turned out great. Would highly recommend it as well.

Marci

Mom to Julia 4/05