PDA

View Full Version : Koala Baby

sn523
12-30-2005, 09:45 PM
Hello
Has anyone used the Koala Baby solid bedding from BRU? I know it received a D+ rating in the book, but I wonder if they have improved their quality?

Thanks for your help

jodi_b
12-30-2005, 11:47 PM
I registered for Koala Baby sheets and several Koala Baby blankets based on the reviews on the BRU website. I haven't received any of the sheets yet. I really like several of the blankets. They're super soft and have washed well.

I'm using a hand-me-down Koala Baby eyelet crib skirt and bumper. They're about two years old, so I can't answer your question about the current quality of these items. In my opinion, the quality of these pieces isn't nearly as nice as the blankets. The crib skirt is a little shorter than I would like, but it looks okay and will look better once the crib is lowered. The bumper looks nice, but I probably won't use it since it ties only at the top. It's also an inch or two shy of fitting well in the crib.

HTH!

Jodi

Coolamber
01-02-2006, 09:25 PM
The knit sheets are ok but lose shape after a few washes. The 100% cottons ones shrink so bad they don't fit anymore. I love the sheets and mattress pad I got from Landsend. A little pricey, but well worth it.
Mollie

clc053103
01-09-2006, 10:03 AM
I have a set of bedding (Hamptons) purchased 5/05, been in use since July. I have washed the crib sheets multiple times (cotton) with no problems- still fit the mattress and the pattern hasn't faded. The bumpers have top and bottom ties now - maybe that changed since the last BB book.

If you really like a Koala Baby pattern, then I would suggest buying it, and then you can always buy another brand of sheets to use with it. Since you can't use the comforter anyway early on, how beat up will it really get? Same with a crib skirt and curtains - you don't wash that every week!