PDA

View Full Version : Washability of PBK Chamois Changing Pad Cover?

bunnisa
02-22-2006, 11:55 AM
I am asking because I'm considering buying the white one -- which seems crazy for anything baby-related, but none of the other colors are a good match.

Would someone tell me what their experience has been like? Will I completely regret getting the white ones?

Bethany
mom to one and one on the way!
http://lilypie.com/days/060226/0/8/1/-6/.png
"And children are always a good thing, devoutly to be wished for and fiercely to be fought for."
-J. Torres

wagner36
02-22-2006, 01:09 PM
We don't have a white one, but two light blues that have been washed a gzillion times over the last 2.5+ years. They still look great - one of them has one little stain, which was probably a washing error. They look so good that I am having trouble justifying buying new ones for the new baby - and justifying purchases is one of my greatest skills!

To make up for it, I think I am going to buy the Chamois crib sheet though - so soft!

PurpleDog
02-22-2006, 02:30 PM
Same thing here: I have two that have been washed a million times but are still hanging on. I use a cloth diaper in the "hot zone" if you will, so I haven't gotten any HORRIBLE stains on there. Mine are light blue and pink--no experience with white.

PurpleDog
Same thing here: I have two that have been washed a million times but are still hanging on. I use a cloth diaper in the "hot zone" if you will, so I haven't gotten any HORRIBLE stains on there. Mine are light blue and pink--no experience with white.

PurpleDog

KBecks
02-24-2006, 10:22 AM
I have pale yellow and it washes great. I do put a cloth diaper in the middle during use. Stains have come out easily with stain remover, I've never had to wash twice.

lmintzer
02-24-2006, 03:43 PM
I've used mine for 2 years--they are wonderful! They wash really well (I have pale green and blue).

nfowife
02-24-2006, 08:07 PM
I have a pink one that I interchange with a simmons terrycloth one. I have washed it many many many times, I don't put anything under DD when changing her and she's peed on it quite a bit (although no poop on it, lucky me!). Never a stain, and it has washed up beautifully. Same goes for the sheet on the crib!

daniele_ut
02-26-2006, 07:30 PM
We have the pale yellow one and it has been washed over and over and it still looks great. I don't use a cloth diaper or anything over it when we change DS, and anything that has gotten on it has washed right out.

Incidentally, I saw that BRU has a knockoff of the PBK Chamois changing pad cover now as well for around $12.xx. I have doubts as to whether it would hold up as well, though.

We also own the pale green PBK Chamois crib sheet and I will definitely be buying more when we have another.

firstbaby
02-27-2006, 02:22 AM
I have the white one and LOVE it! I got the white because we didn't know what we were having and at the time they only had pink, blue or white (this was over 2 years ago). Plus, I thought I could bleach the white if I needed to.

2+ years and many washings later and it looks and feels brand new. Like a PP said, I am having a hard time justifying buying another because it is in such great shape. But the crib sheet will be mine :) These two items have become my go-to baby shower gift.

bunnisa
02-27-2006, 09:07 PM
Thanks everyone for your great input! I'm so glad to find these. I had 2 Target brand terry covers that I used with DS, and they both tore around the elastic. At the time I bought them, they were the "best" out there.

Amazing that the PBK ones are so much nicer and just $4 more than the cheap ones!

Bethany
mom to one and one on the way!
http://lilypie.com/days/060226/0/8/1/-6/.png
"And children are always a good thing, devoutly to be wished for and fiercely to be fought for."
-J. Torres