PDA

View Full Version : Good blue and green paint colors.

jilawine
04-18-2006, 08:50 AM
I've looked at many of the photos of the completed nurserys (each one more beautiful than the next) and am looking for some names of paint colors. I want to do my son's room in a good shade a blue- not baby blue, not royal blue...something to go with the Pottery Barn Vehicles collection. I was looking at Denim Wash by Benjamin Moore but am open to suggestions. I am also looking for a good gender neutral green for a room that will eventually be another baby room. If the baby is girl, I've always wanted to do pink/green and if it's a boy, I figure green is a good color that I can match things with. In the meantime, before baby #2, the room will be an extra bedroom. I am thinking a sage-type green.

Thanks!

Bean606
04-18-2006, 12:33 PM
I really like Georgian Green and Wyndham Blue, both of which are from the Benjamin Moore historical collection. Georgian Green is a perfect shade of sage, and Wyndham Blue is a pale blue with just a hint of aqua in it.

txmomtobe
04-21-2006, 02:27 PM
We just painted our son's room Bibbidy Bobbidy Blue from the Disney by Behr collection at home depot. It's a pale blue but not as muted. It's a little by livelier. His furniture is a chestnut color so it looks really beautiful.

C99
04-25-2006, 09:20 PM
>We just painted our son's room Bibbidy Bobbidy Blue from the
>Disney by Behr collection at home depot.

This is a great color. My son's room is also painted this color -- I found out about it after seeing it in a friend's son's room!

For a good gender neutral green, I like Aloe Vera and Veradale by Dutch Boy (although I had it color-matched through HD/Behr). I used it in our nursery and then just played it up with blue accents when my son was in the room and am now using pink accents with it w/ my daughter.

CiderLogan
04-26-2006, 09:48 AM
My DD-to-be's room is painted in a Sherwin Williams match of the Disney paint color Hundred Acre Woods or Christopher Robin green (or some other name having to do with the Pooh stories). It's a nice green that balances between subtle and bright.

We used the light blue in the Restoration Hardware collection (again, we got it matched in Sherwin Williams since that's what our painters use) for some rooms in our basement. I am a huge light blue fan, and this is my favorite light blue ever. It's light enough to seem baby-friendly but not overly cutesy, KWIM? They also have a brighter blue that I like.

Jenny
Mom to Julia, 8/03
...and another GIRL due 5/29/06!

Tondi G
05-12-2006, 03:55 PM
I love the restoration harware paint colors! We did our bedroom Silver sage and our living room something very similar to one of their taupe/sand colors!

http://www.restorationhardware.com/rh/catalog/product/product_suite.jsp?productId=prod1048017&navCount=8

~Tondi

jilawine
06-26-2006, 07:38 PM
Bumping to see if anyone has photos and the paint color you used. I am now contemplating Soft Fern for the green color but am not sure. I need some inspiration. Photos anyone?