PDA

View Full Version : PBK changing pad & chamois cover

michken
06-13-2006, 07:01 AM
Hi everyone,

I just posted a similar message under Nursery Necessities, and I'm not sure whether it would've been more appropriate to post my message under Baby Bedding & Decor... sorry for the redundancy. I'd really appreciate your feedback, since my EDD is approaching (7/22).

Here is my original message:

I'm wondering whether any of you have purchased/used the PBK chamois cover and changing pad. I've heard great things about the PBK chamois cover and how soft it is, compared to the terry cloth cover from other brands. I'm curious as to whether the PBK chamois cover would be compatible with the Simmons contoured changing pad, sold by Babies R Us (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000056HK2/ref=wl_it_dp/104-0840677-2469524?%5Fencoding=UTF8&coliid=I39LRDEC8A1Q0&v=glance&colid=ITI4B4DY1YH6).

thanks so much in advance for your advice/feedback.

Lovingliv
06-13-2006, 02:18 PM
WooHoo! My bday is 7/22! Congrats on your upcoming arrival! I have the PBK cover and the simmons covers and there is really no comparison. Get the PBK cover! It is so soft. I actually found that in the first few months very rarely could I keep a cover on the simmons changing pad. Liv would pee or poo all over it and I wasn't quick enough!
Oh yeah, I did find that the PBK cover did shrink a bit so it can be tough to get on the simmons pad if you dry it! good luck and HTH!

michken
06-13-2006, 05:27 PM
hi Rachel,

thanks so much for your advice :). would you suggest that I get the PBK changing pad then as well, instead of the Simmons changing pad?

oh wow, that's a cute coincidence that your bday is the same day as our first baby's EDD!

thank you again,
Michelle

essnce629
06-13-2006, 08:36 PM
I have a Simmons changing pad and PBK chamois changing pad cover and never had any problems with it fitting. I love my chamois cover-- it still looks brand new while all the terry ones I had got really faded and gross (rough feeling). I recommend the chamois sheets and covers to everyone I know.

***Latia
Birth and Postpartum Doula

Conner 8/19/03 (homebirthed water baby)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aug2003angel
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif Self-weaned at 24 months!

Lovingliv
06-13-2006, 09:38 PM
You know Michelle, I am sure that you would spend double the amount on the PBK pad....and like I said the simmons one seems to be too big...but I did shrink the PBK cover (i am pretty sure). It is still usable, but I have to bend one corner to get it to fit. Not a big deal, and as you can see Latia has had no issues. I would still get the simmons and put the extra money into an extra changing cover!!! HTH!

michken
06-13-2006, 10:27 PM
hi Latia & Rachel,

thanks for your feedback! :) oh yea, the PBK pad is only around 8 dollars more expensive, so I'm not sure if it would be better for me to get this as well. it's great that at least one of you have been able to get the PBK cover to fit over the Simmons pad.

Love,
Michelle

let73
06-13-2006, 10:48 PM
Hi-
We use the PBK chamois changing pad cover and the Simmons changing pad together and it fits great. I do always wash my PBK cover on gentle cycle on cold and dry on delicate. I would highly recommend the pad since it is so soft! I use a small absorbant type pad on it to prevent accidents on the PBK pad. I do enough laundry and I try to keep it on as long as possible!

Lisa

michken
06-16-2006, 03:01 PM
thanks so much for your replies. for those of you who use the Simmons changing pad, are the straps still usable when you use the PBK chamois cover on top? I know that the PBK changing pad is made so that the straps can still be used, since the PBK cover has slits that are adjusted for the straps on the PBK changing pad. I'm not sure if the Simmons changing pad's straps are in the same location though.

Thanks again :)

essnce629
06-19-2006, 02:18 AM
I actually never used the straps on my Simmons changing pad (I cut them off ;)) I never left Conner's side when I was changing him so I didn't see the point. My green chamois cover is on Ebay right now-- wink, wink!

***Latia
Birth and Postpartum Doula

Conner 8/19/03 (homebirthed water baby)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aug2003angel
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif Self-weaned at 24 months!

let73
06-19-2006, 09:38 PM
>thanks so much for your replies. for those of you who use the
>Simmons changing pad, are the straps still usable when you use
>the PBK chamois cover on top? I know that the PBK changing
>pad is made so that the straps can still be used, since the
>PBK cover has slits that are adjusted for the straps on the
>PBK changing pad. I'm not sure if the Simmons changing pad's
>straps are in the same location though.
>
>Thanks again :)

Yes, the straps on the Simmon's pad fit perfectly through the slits on the PBK cover. To be honest, I never use the straps. I just keep my hand on her at all times!

Lisa

michken
06-20-2006, 04:56 AM
hi Latia & Lisa,

thanks for your replies. :) I probably won't use the straps (I'm a first-time mom so I'm already imagining myself to be overly paranoid & use my hand and the straps to keep the baby in position), but it's good to know that the changing pad works with the PBK cover.

let73
06-20-2006, 09:11 AM
I also have the Simmons teri cloth changing pad cover. I use it when my PBK one is in the laundry. I recently noticed that the Simmons cover does not have any slits for the straps to fit through. Go figure!

Lisa