PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: Please help me to decide on a color for nursery!

Masik
08-27-2006, 10:16 PM
Our firstborn has moved out and rented his own place, and his former bedroom will be converted to a nursery for DS#3. Baby’s bedding, window panels and accessories are made of Kelly Rightsell Fly Fishing and green gingham fabrics... I need to decide on a color for walls. My first thought was blue, but DH thinks it'll be too cool looking, he suggested something warmer like beige... The furniture is natural maple, carpet is beige... Which color would you suggest?
http://images.andale.com/f2/111/103/8838023/1123378693173_DSC03173.JPG

Marina, mom to:
Andre, 22yo
Steven, 16yo
and sweet baby Daniel (02/01/2006)

emmiem
08-28-2006, 07:18 AM
Yellow or sage green would be nice.
Michele

vdrake71
08-28-2006, 12:14 PM
I was thinking yellow on the top 1/2 of the room and the sage green on the bottom with a chair-rail. The chair rail could be many things - fishing poles, the logs from the log house. I really like this because there is so much you could do with it (fishing, birds, woods, etc).

Masik
08-28-2006, 12:31 PM
>I was thinking yellow on the top 1/2 of the room and the sage
>green on the bottom with a chair-rail. The chair rail could
>be many things - fishing poles, the logs from the log house.
>I really like this because there is so much you could do with
>it (fishing, birds, woods, etc).

I wish I could! But we rent and I don't want to do anything more complicated than 1 solid color... I don't know how much longer we'll rent. Maybe another year...

Marina, mom to:
Andre, 22 yo
Steven, 16 yo
and sweet baby Daniel (02/01/2006)

The Review Mommy
08-29-2006, 10:29 AM
I vote RED! :)

There is too much green and blue (and beige in the room already) in the print and just enough red to make it POP! You will have to use a "colored" precoat thingy and a few layers of the red paint to have it look flawless. My next choice would be white-not too much of that in the fabric either. I would jazz it up with some red somewhere-not sure exactly what but here's a coulpe ideas to get you started: paint a horizontal red line all-around the room (think boarder) but at chair rail height or 2/3 up the wall. I think a few red lines with vering thinkness instead of one think stripe would be more in keeping with your theme. Or how about painting the red only till the chair rail area and maybe top it off with a blue stripe(s). This way the whole wall isn't red. I hope you can visualize what I'm talking about-lol! What do you think?

Rebekah

mariza
08-29-2006, 10:33 AM
I like red too, a nice deep red though. Or gold, to pick up on the gold in the little fish/bait in the pattern.

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1"
and soon to arrive "Thing 2"

Masik
08-29-2006, 02:37 PM
WOW!
Red? IMHO, it is not very relaxing/calming color, especially for the room where baby sleeps... And we have white walls already.
DH would kill me for red :)

I was thinking light olive or Janie and Jack green... Too boring?
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k197/Masik_Kolbasik/untitled.jpghttp://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k197/Masik_Kolbasik/assentpillow.jpg

Marina, mom to sweet baby Daniel (02/01/2006)

mommytoC
08-30-2006, 07:00 AM
I think that would be perfect! :)

And for what it's worth, I definitely vote against your DH's pick (beige)...definitely too boring with your light furniture and beige carpets!

Ann

DD 11/05

TracyBee
08-30-2006, 08:54 PM
I would either match the warm brown color of the sandbar that the black lab is standing on or go for a light yellow to match the lures.

Green would be nice, but it's a very difficult color to choose correctly. We attempted a sage green in our bathroom and it turned out terrible. If you do green, choose a color that is darker than what you are hoping for, because it will dry much lighter than the swatch you choose from.

Masik
09-21-2006, 12:13 PM
OK,I did it :)
I went the easy route and boy, I'm glad I did! DS was super-fussy and we were super-busy with everything else, so it took me 4 days to paint instead of 1 or 2 at most :)

It is not decorated yet, as I need to buy Ikea Expedit shelving unit everybody's raving about, and install closet's folding doors...
But you can see the color here :)
Thank you for letting me share

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k197/Masik_Kolbasik/Picture095.jpg

Marina, mom to sweet baby Daniel (02/01/2006)

sdoyle
09-21-2006, 03:30 PM
Love the color!! I had missed your PP but when I opened it today and saw the fabric I thought- green. You chose really well. It looks great!! Love the fabric BTW, too cute!!

Masik
09-21-2006, 10:12 PM
Oh thank you!
DH helped me decide on a color. It turned out quite well :)
Marina,
mom to sweet baby Daniel (02/01/2006)