PDA

View Full Version : How many Halo Sleepsacks/ Kidd. Swaddle Mes for Newborn?

ariveraz
10-17-2006, 11:01 AM
I got three Halo sleepsacks in small, a Halo sleepsack/swaddler in newborn and 4 Velboa Swaddle Mes (not planning on using receiving blankets for this purpose)? Is this too much? How many would you recommend?

ajmom
10-17-2006, 11:47 AM
I only have 2, and while I think they are great, Carter's makes a blanket gown (with long sleeves) that is much less expensive and pretty much the same thing (IMO). You might consider that option, also.

If you are set on ONLY the sleepsack, I would think about 3 or 4 would be fine. My first child leaked out of every diaper, so we needed lots of clothing changes those first few weeks. You'll need more if you have that problem, or else you'll be doing a ton of laundry! If not, one sleepsack should be OK for a couple of nights, so at least you'd have enough to get through one week.

Jenn98
10-17-2006, 11:53 AM
I did not start using sleepsacks until my DD was about 7 months old. We have two at any given time - one on and one in the wash. I kept DD swaddled until she was 7 months, so that's why I didn't use it till then.HTH!

etaylor75
10-17-2006, 12:13 PM
I have to say, DS was able to get out of the SwaddleMe blanket pretty easily and he really liked to be swaddled tightly. I highly recommend the Amazing Miracle Blanket.

http://www.amazingmiracleblanket.com/

Dumb name, but a great blanket!!

I think we used it the first few months, then had 2 sleepsacks after that.

Good luck!
Erin

ariveraz
10-17-2006, 05:43 PM
Thank you all for your thoughts!

pastrygirl
10-19-2006, 10:14 AM
I have three small Halo sleepsacks for my 4-month old, and that has been a good number from the start. I usually reuse them once before washing (he wears a footed sleeper underneath), and I do his laundry a couple of times a week. I had a bunch of Swaddle Me blankets, but I think I started out with two and I needed more because he frequently leaked onto them. I ended up with six and wish I hadn't bought that many. They were useless after two months because he could get out of them...

slr
10-19-2006, 10:59 AM
I have 2 sleepsacks at any given time and love them. Maybe you should wash one of each and see what method you like best and return the others.

Also, not sure how big your baby is, but they can grow pretty quickly. If you like the sleepsacks, you may want to think about exchanging one of your smalls for a medium. I think the only real difference is the length. I don't recall the neck and arm openings changing dramatically from size to size. Hold a small and medium up next to each other and see if you can use the medium. You will be able to use the medium a lot longer than the small. If I recall correctly, I think my son grew out of the small fairly quickly.

mickminmom
10-19-2006, 11:10 AM
Hi,

Seconding the pp...we used the Miracle Blanket for the first 7 months. I had two so there was always(usually) :) a clean one. Maybe the Halo with the Swaddle will be great as it has a similiar functionality as the Miracle Blanket. For us, it was more important for DD to be swaddled and the regular Halo sleepsacks gave her too much room. We use them now and I love them.

HTH,
Chris

ariveraz
10-21-2006, 07:36 PM
Thanks everyone. I probably have too many swaddle mes and Halos. I will only open or two of each to start and see what baby prefers. I really appreciate all the input. This is all very confusing for a first-time mom-to-be!

josiesmom
10-26-2006, 01:18 PM
I just wanted to put another vote in for the miracle blanket--our DD liked being swaddled but always got out of the swaddle me's. She started sleeping through the night a week after we got the miracle blanket (at 5 1/2 weeks!!!). Around 3 months, she decided she didn't want to be swaddled anymore, and at that point she went into the medium sized halo sleep sacks. We have 3 size medium and 3 size large for when she grows out of these, although i think 2 of each would be enough. (we stocked up when BRU had the buy one get one 50% off deal). Hope that helps!

stonecali
10-31-2006, 12:48 PM
Our DD also liked being swaddled really tightly, and she broke out of the Swaddle Me's in 2 seconds flat. The way it is designed doesn't keep their little arms confined, and when their arms are swimming around in there it is easy to break out.

We don't have the miracle blanket, but looking at how it pins their arms down, this would have been PERFECT for us! I am definitely getting a few for #2!

Bean606
11-20-2006, 10:50 AM
You might want to wait and see how your baby does with them. We had two of each, and DS HATED being swaddled, so we ended up never using the Swaddle Mes. So, I went out and bought another sleepsack. Whatever you end up with, I'd say have at least 3. Our DS had a lot of leakage the first few weeks, so we were changing lots of sheets, onesies and sleepsacks. Personally, I didn't like the Velboa material, and went with cotton for the summer and fleece for the winter.

smilla653
11-27-2006, 08:57 PM
Just wanted to add... if you're at all thinking about cosleeping, you might not need any. It's important for babies not to overheat, and body warmth is really efficient!