PDA

View Full Version : JoJo Bedding

rachelh
11-05-2006, 10:05 AM
Hi. I see a few recent posts about Jojo Bedding but no one has responded with any feedback. Does anyone know about the quality of this brand? I have seen some great prices on beautiful sets from Jojo.

Thanks

oneontheway
11-08-2006, 12:54 PM
I'm wondering the same thing. There is also Top Notch Lenin selling for around the same price and I don't see any feedback for them either.

Anyone...

patent_girl
11-15-2006, 11:13 AM
Hi:
I just purchased and received a bedding set from Ebay made by JoJo Designs (bought through "Beyond Bedding" as an Ebay power seller). It is the Sweet Samantha set, which is sort of a shabby chic floral look (see http://www.beyond-bedding.com/swsacrbe6pnu.html) . We won the auction for $61.00 for the 9-piece set.

The quality seems good for the price, although the material itself seems a little bit thin. The label says it was made in India. The quilt is very nice and as thick as other baby quilts. It looks individually pieced. Some of the quilted squares have embroidered floral designs on them. The bumper is a good size, not too thick (which would be a problem), with ties on the top and bottom, and is individually pieced with the same squares as the quilt, and is reversable. The valences are a little bit shorter than I would like, but will work fine. The diaper stacker only has a fabric loop on top, which I will have to loop over a baby hanger to hang it on the changing table or bureau. It is smaller and wider than a standard diaper stacker, but that is OK. The crib sheet is merely plain white cotton and is not elasticized all around - I have bought some floral and plain Amy Coe sheets at Target to use instead. The pillow is about 10" square and a little squishy, but it also merely for decoration (probably on a rocker). The toy bag is cute, but I may instead tie it to the changing table to hold supplies.

The only problem with my set was the cribskirt - not the design, which is fine and actually has a better center piece (the part that goes under the mattress) than my Tiddliwinks set, but with the actual cribskirt: they sent me what appears to be the designer sample of the bumper; it has a slightly different shade of plaid and there was a sewn on label with ball point pen writing on it indicating it was a sample. I called up their customer service and they're sending me a new one, and told me I can keep/discard the old one. I can use it to cover picture frames or lampshades, so that is OK.

I'm not looking for a bed set to last forever, and I know my daughter will probably want her own say in room decor when she's 3 or so, so this will be fine for now. I strongly recommend Ebay for good prices on their sets.

Another source of reviews for JoJo designs (and another way to buy them) is through overstock.com. Just go to the bedding section and look for crib bedding. There are quite a few JoJo designs there, and some have reviews.

patent_girl
11-15-2006, 11:18 AM
Just a follow up re: overstock - it won't clearly say JoJo designs on the items for crib sets, but if you look at Beyond Bedding's crib set section that lists JoJo designs, they have the same names as used on Overstock, e.g., Riley's Roses, Dragonfly Dreams, etc)

oneontheway
11-16-2006, 08:25 AM
Thanks so much for the info!! I actually just ordered a set from Top Notch Lenin off of Ebay and I'm hoping it is good quality. I'll post once I get it. The set sounds very similar to JoJo but is sold by Naha baby...

oneontheway
12-08-2006, 07:56 PM
Just thought I would share that I decided to go with Top Notch Linen... another brand on ebay. The entire crib set was @ $55 and I was very pleased with the quality (and I'm really picky). It was 100% cotton and soft.