PDA

View Full Version : XL Twin Toddler Bedding

amydiara
11-14-2006, 04:52 PM
My husband comes from a family of giants and my in laws long ago bought us twin beds and headboards (so they had something to sleep on while visiting!). However, with baby #2 on the way, my 2.5 year old son needs a new room. While I appreciate the sentiment in buying XL twin beds given that my children are likely to also be giants (son already wearing size 6 clothes), Im however, VERY bummed out with them becuase I really want to do something cute for his room and I cant find anything in XL twin comforter sets. And I was hoping not to have to sew it myself.

Anyone have any suggestions? I guess I'd be most drawn to Pottery Barn styles, vintage sports, nauticals etc.

schums
11-17-2006, 07:25 PM
Try JCPenney's. They sell sheets in XL Twin and you can buy some/most of their comforters, etc. seperately. Some comforters go up to 66x92 inches, so that would work for an XL twin. We used just plain bedding (more versital) and did the "theme" with wall hangings, accessories, etc.

Land's End also carries XL sheets and comforters, but they have a more limited selection (at least under the kids section).

HTH,

Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

ctmom
11-20-2006, 09:22 AM
we just bought some x-long twin sheets this weekend at Bed, Bath and Beyond, we are going to pair them with a regular sized comforter for dd#2's big girl bed.
here is a link, but they had even more colors in the store.
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=100779&RN=163

The good thing is, twin xl is the common size for college dorm beds, so now they are on clearence, at least that is what the girl at bed, bath and beyond told me!

HTH!

Mary
dd#1 2/01
dd#2 12/03

amydiara
11-20-2006, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the tips!

Amy