PDA

View Full Version : Question about crib sheets and bassinet sheets

val01
11-22-2006, 03:27 PM
Hi Everyone,

How many crib and bassinet sheets would you recommend? I have one ultimate crib sheet and 2 for the bassinet so far. Thanks!

Valerie

amp
11-22-2006, 03:35 PM
I had 2 bassinet sheets, and although at that moment I wished I had more, we only used it for about a week with each child (they hated it!), so I'm glad I didn't buy more in the heat of the moment.

I was happy to have 3 crib sheets. My daughter rarely soils them, with leaky dipes, spit up or anything,so I don't need them, but my son sure did!

C99
11-22-2006, 10:06 PM
I'd recommend at least 3 crib sheets (1 to put on, 1 to wash, and 1 to keep in case your child leaks or throws up). I actually found my ultimate crib sheet to be a bigger PITB than just changing the sheets (I'm surprised the BB book is still recommending them). I never had a bassinet, so no help there.

val01
11-23-2006, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I have bought one ultimate crib sheet from a local consignment store, and they have one more too. I think that I paid $7.99 for it. It seems that you either love them or hate them. I guess if I end up not liking them, I can always sell it back!

Valerie

tiapam
11-25-2006, 12:13 AM
I think a king size pillowcase fits most bassinets, just in case. I agree that three crib sheets is about right. Hopefully you won't need more! Although, I did use sheet savers in the crib when she was very small and didn't move around much.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2403291&cp=&f=Taxonomy%2FTRUS%2F2255957&origkw=sheet+saver&kw=sheet+saver&parentPage=search

-Pam

DD - Two years old!

nfowife
11-26-2006, 05:52 PM
I have a mini cosleeper and just the sheet it came with. It fits standard pillowcases, too, but I found that she rarely soiled the sheet, since she was in a sleeper, swaddled, and a sleep positioner most of the time! I think only once or twice did she actually mess the sheet where I needed to use a pillowcase in an emergency. Otherwise I just washed it and put it right back on the mattress.
DD has about 4 crib sheets- a chamois and a flannel that we use in the winter/fall, and 2 cotton/jersey ones we use in the spring/summer when it's warm. She's not one to leak a diaper or spit up though, so I just have the pad underneath and have never had any issues.

AddiesMom
11-29-2006, 08:52 AM
I just did 2 sheets (I used the Travel Lite Crib as a bassinet), but I got a bunch of the terry cloth sheet savers that are waterproof on the back. I never had diaper leaks but sometimes a little spit-up and they are much easier to change than the whole sheet.