PDA

View Full Version : Need to find a very warm but light blanket or comforter for DS

mommysammi
12-08-2006, 02:58 PM
It's very cold here but DS doesn't like to use a heavy blanket or comforter. We have a lamb's wool comforter and love how warm it keeps us but it's very heavy for DS. He'd kick it away while he sleeps and wakes up ice cold. We tried fleece blankets and while DS likes the light weight of the fleece, it's not warm enough for him. We don't want to get a down comforter because of potential allergies and shedding problems.

Have you any experience with microfiber comforters? What do you use for your toddler? TIA.

SnuggleBuggles
12-08-2006, 03:16 PM
Ds wouldn't use a blanket till he was out of a crib and even then it took a while. So, we were all about layers. He would wear socks, form fitting cotton PJ top and bottom (Target sells a great set, Carters' spin off 4 pieces for $14!) and then a fleece sleeper over it. He never complained about being cold. :)

Beth

C99
12-13-2006, 06:48 PM
IKEA. The crib quilt is polyfill and lightweight, while still warm. My DS used it when he was around 18+ and my DD is using it now.

You might also want to try layering your DS in two pairs of PJs.

daniele_ut
12-14-2006, 02:46 PM
My 2+ year old DS still sleeps in a fleece sleep sack and wears a fleece sleeper underneath. It is about 62 degrees in our finished basement at night and he stays plenty warm.