PDA

View Full Version : Where to center the quilt on the wall?

american_mama
12-12-2006, 10:13 PM
I have very little decorating ability, so I hope others can help. I have a baby quilt that I want to hang on the wall, ideally over my DD's crib. Where do I center it? The crib is in a corner of the room and thus not centered on either of the walls it touches. Do I center the quilt over the crib or center it on the wall? If I put it over the crib length-wise (which I'd prefer) and center it on the wall, the open door will cover a little bit of the quilt, and the door is open most of the time that anyone is in the room.

If I center it over the crib length-wise, what do I put on the empty wall to the side of it? Most of the time that wall will be covered by the open door, but of course, when the door is closed, it would look very imbalanced to have a big quilt on one side of the wall and nothing on the other side.

I'll try to post a photo later.

amp
12-13-2006, 01:23 PM
I'm leaning toward centering on the wall that *shows* when the door is open, rather than on the whole wall. Either that or over the crib. I don't think I'd center it only to cover it.

american_mama
12-17-2006, 10:34 PM
Thanks for answering Andrea! Am I the only one who puts the crib in the corner?