PDA

View Full Version : Any good sites for inexpensive nursery wall decor?

lynettesmall
01-04-2007, 03:03 PM
I am in search of wall decor for my baby girl's nrusery (framed prints, plaques, etc), but am finding that so much of it is SO expensive! Maybe I'm out of touch, but I think that paying over $100 for something to put on the wall is more that I want to spend.

I ordered two posters from www.allposters.com and was planning to mat and frame them myself, but was extremely diappointed when they arrived because a two inch border of white was included in the actual size measurement of the poster....and this was not depicted online...so I won't be doing business with them again.

Anyone have any good sites that have reasonably priced pieces?

C99
01-05-2007, 10:34 PM
I've had much better luck bargain-hunting in B&M stores and unexpected places (art & craft shows, flea markets, garage sales, etc.). I think the total I spent on decor for my DD's room is around $100.

- Rose plate, $4 (second-hand store) and plate hanger, $2 (Michael's)
- matted rose photograph, $20 (art market) and frame, $12 (art supply/framing store)
- accordion peg wall shelf, $3 (garage sale)
- white metal framed mirror, $4 (Cost Plus World Market outlet store)
- white metal floral holder, $4 (clearance at Target)
- wall hook (gift)
- 2 B&W photos of me and DD as a baby, $15 each (professional quick shoot), white frames, $5 each (IKEA) and pink ribbon to hang them, $2 (craft store)
- clock, $3 (IKEA)

lunaloca
01-18-2007, 11:06 AM
Just saw cheap prints on www.kukunest.com
Small selection - but very very cool artwork!

lunaloca
01-18-2007, 12:33 PM
OOhh...in addition to $28 Kukunest prints on www.kukunest.com
i just found this, which i love:
http://www.binth.com/Store.aspx?cat=23&mcat=4
A very clean and modern that may not work with everyone's tastes.
It is also $85 because it is hand screenprintd.

let73
01-24-2007, 07:20 PM
I found these sites on Ebay:
http://stores.ebay.com/KIDS-COLORFUL-ARTWORKS
http://stores.ebay.com/kids-wall-art-store
http://stores.ebay.com/Kids-Art-and-Decor-Today

Hope that helps.
Lisa

wheezypig
01-30-2007, 06:49 PM
Sometimes overstock.com has kids prints. You can also frame pages from a children's book or calender or hang "non-art" items on the wall, like a vintage dress or purse.

jent
02-08-2007, 01:29 PM
Well, a PP beat me to the punch with the idea of using pages from a children's book. I planned to do this, but ended up finding a set of "Animal Flashcards" by Eric Carle -- they have a picture of an animal on 1 side, and a letter on the other (eg, "C" and a caterpillar) and are made of cardboard-- sturdy enough to hang by themselves, can also be framed. You can find them on Amazon.

zeb
02-18-2007, 12:20 PM
I bought the Eeboo Alphabet letters, and I really like them, but I don't know the best way to hang them. They are 8 X 10 cards, so originally, I thought I'd just buy a bunch of those clip frames (just two sheets of glass held together with clips), but the cards have rounded edges so may look a bit odd....plus, would 26 glass frames look a little heavy? Then, do I put them all around the room, or in clumps?
Anybody have any other ideas of how to mount these. My husband thinks we just slap them up on the wall as is, which is a possibility, but seems they'd get dirty more easily that way.

thanks!
-Sarah

lunaloca
02-18-2007, 07:37 PM
tacking it on cork squares or strips could be an easy way to do this. i've seen cork "wallpaper" that comes in squares.

t

lunaloca
02-18-2007, 07:41 PM
sorry. accidentally hit return before completing.

tacking it on cork squares or strips could be an easy way to do this. i've seen cork "wallpaper" that comes in squares.

there's also double sticky tape if you don't mind having to repaint when you redecorate.

lemonmama
02-23-2007, 03:08 PM
You could hang a piece of ribbon or decorative string across a wall and use baby-esque clothes pins to hang the cards from. I googled "baby clothespins" and then looked at the images. There are tons.

You could also hang a wooden ledge and stand the cards on it.

Either way you could switch the cards out to change the look.

boolady
02-23-2007, 04:39 PM
We have the eeBoo cards in our daughter's room, but we have the bird/number cards, so there are only ten. They are framed in simple cherry frames, which match the finish on her crib. They are hung in two rows of three over her crib (1-6) and two rows of two over the rocker on the other wall (7-10). I got the frames during a 50% sale at Michaels. I love how they look. Good luck!

jessbyrnes
03-25-2007, 09:07 PM
A great, inexpensinve idea is to buy a calendar with full size photos and frame them. You can get cute frames in Ikea or Target fairly cheap.

rblues
03-28-2007, 05:27 PM
I bought some great stuff at Big Lots and other discount store like Dollar Tree or 99Cent only store.

Also, Baby Depot has a decent selection of kids artwork and it's not the bad. I also picked up some things at Hobby Lobby.