PDA

View Full Version : how do i know what brands have zippable crib bumpers?

lincolnparkafterdark
04-06-2007, 01:11 PM
I had never heard of this but I was looking at the reviews on this site and someone mentioned Blue Moon baby had zippable crib bumpers which are apparently easier on/off for washing.

Now I looked up the Blue Moon bedding on their site and they don't even mention the zippable bumper. So how do I know? Can you recommend nice quality brands that do. I'm looking for price points around the PBK range and we just found out we're having a boy.

SnuggleBuggles
04-07-2007, 06:55 AM
I've never heard of that item.

Why not just skip the crib bedding set and buy some really cute, fitted sheets? YOu could stick up on all your PBK favorites for the $ you will save not having a crib bedding set. Look over this board for info on the bumper pad controversy (mesh or nothing is the safest way to go, imo). The quilt isn't necessary or safe to use the 1st year so it just becomes a pricey decoration. A crib skirt can be nice but not necessary and you may be able to just buy them a la carte.

Beth

zephyr
04-07-2007, 09:38 PM
Hi there. I had just purchased a Wendy Bellissimo brand of baby bedding from BRU. Her sets have the zippable crib bumpers, called slipcovered bumpers. They are four individual ones with ties and they're AWESOME! Washing these was a breeze because you just unzip the covers, and throw them in the wash. She has a couple sets that sell at BRU and so far, except for Blue Moon, I thought she was the only one who made them but I guess not. I bought the Vintage Fire TRuck set for my baby but that one specific set has been discontinued. She has a couple that you might be interested in for your baby boy. You can also look at her website www.wendybellissimo.com. Enjoy.