PDA

View Full Version : Need Ideas for an ocean themed nursery

mommabear
04-09-2007, 09:33 AM
We just found out we are having a girl and are so excited. I want to do the nursery in a ocean beach theme in soft colors of light blue white and beige. I Want to get a crib skirt made of 100% linen and decorate with starfish, sand dollars etc... I plan on putting up 2" white wood blinds.
But my creativity is stumped beyond this. Any ideas are GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks

zephyr
04-09-2007, 09:52 PM
Hi. I'm not that creative, but you could try this toy/stuffed animal holder made of netting that you hang up on the wall in a corner. (not sure if there's a specific word for it) Also you could do a picture frame and glue seashells/sand dollars, etc. on it. That could be fun. Also maybe you could sew seashells on the curtains and make them hang off the buttom of the curtains somehow. (If you're having curtains) Painting little dolphins on the walls or something similar might also work. I really like the colors you chose, they sound really calming and subtle. Enjoy getting the nursery ready I'm sure you'll have lots of fun!

bchafin
04-10-2007, 03:40 AM
Go to Michael's. They have all sorts of beach theme things now. They have wall hooks with shells, they have a shell encrusted mirror, they have trays and hat boxes. You should just take a look and see if inspiration hits. Also, what about a striped awning as a valance over the blinds?

Barb

bchafin
04-10-2007, 07:26 AM
Also, check out the latest issue of BHG- Creative Home magazine. They have some homes decorated in a seaside theme. You may find some inspiration. Do you paint? I have always wanted to paint an area of my home with sand dunes and sea grasses with weathered fencing. Sadly I don't have any area where this would work.

HTH
Barb

mommabear
04-10-2007, 01:51 PM
Thanks for all the ideas ladies. I would love more :)
I will hit Michaels soon.