PDA

View Full Version : we have the art, need other ideas for nursery (boy- vehicles)

lincolnparkafterdark
04-14-2007, 12:46 PM
our walls are painted a medium toned green (Sherwin Williams Recycled Glass). White trim, beige carpet, medium oak crib and natural maple double tower dresser). We chose art by Shelly Rasche (art.com if you want to look) and they are pics of different vehicles driven by different animals- all bright colors. Like a dog in a taxi w/ a red background, bear on a motorcylce, bear in a milk truck, etc. We've chosen 6 different prints.

So now what to do about the rest of the nursery? We had chosen the tractor bedding by PBK but now I'm re-thinking it. Maybe something with brighter colors?

what do you think?

mommabear
04-17-2007, 09:20 AM
Hi
I went back and looked at the bedding and art you chose. My personal opinion is that they don't really go together. I did similiar art for my sons room but I had the bedding first and then painted pics myself that were the same as those on the bedding. Since you are starting with the art I would do solid bedding in bright colors. You could mix up the fabrics with solids stripes etc... Also I would not buy the complete set. I would just get a dust ruffle and sheets and window treatments. Maybe pillows for a glider if you have one. It will save money and you could even have these items custom made. Good luck I am sure it will be cute. Plus one of a kind.

mommabear
04-17-2007, 09:33 AM
I found a couple of things you might be interrested in
http://www.artisticsensations.com/categories/Room_Themes/Construction_Trucks/

Also there is a store in South Africa that sell great kids fabrics. It is where I got my sons bedding. I found that their sheets and bumpers are different in size than American sizes. There are branches of this store throughout europe that may have a slightly different selection. At any rate they all sell their fabric so you could have something made.
It is called treehouse and the address for the one in South Africa (my husband is from there) is www.treehouse.co.za and I think the jolly lorry fabric might work for you.
http://www.treehouse.co.za/cat2.php?catID=110&PHPSESSID=99702e5480be1f0123857b9bd2c4d234

The link is Australia is
http://www.treehouse.net.au/html/s02_article/article_view.asp?id=801&nav_cat_id=328&nav_top_id=56
Good luck

lincolnparkafterdark
04-17-2007, 03:23 PM
It is the Blue Laguna from Pottery Barn Kids. It has the same bright colors as the art and it also brings in the green from the walls. I bought the quilt and shams, which I will place on the futon we have to keep in the babies room (no other place for it) and then I bought a blue chambray sheet and a butter chambray sheet and the Dylan plaid sheet that has blue and green plaid.

We also chose one of the lamps in blue. I'm not huge into the 'theme' thing for rooms, so I'm not planning on putting construction signs or anything on the walls. I'll probably have a handprint of the baby in clay done and hang that, and a simple white shelf with any special keepsakes the baby receives like piggy bank or something.

hope this sounds nice. thanks for the input!

mommabear
04-17-2007, 04:40 PM
I think the bedding is cute and the colors will be nice with the art. good luck