PDA

View Full Version : Washing a Bumper

K-Bear
05-02-2007, 07:55 AM
What's the best way to wash a crib bumper?

american_mama
05-03-2007, 10:26 PM
With much trepidation, I have put mine in the washing machine and I think also in the dryer about three times in five years. I think I refused to do it for years until vomit or something made it absolutely necessary. It has come out fine, no bleeding, no bunching of the padding, no loosening of the stitching.

Mine is an inexpensive, no name brand with white cotton background and cotton primary color designs embroidered on. It has medium padding.

emilys_mom
05-06-2007, 09:41 AM
What kind of washer do you have? We have a Pooh bumper, and I wash mine about once a month on the gentle cycle, but we have a front loader so it doesn't have that middle piece. I might not do it as often if we did.

We just took the bumper off our crib last week (DD is nearly two). I know that's really old, but she never tried to climb on it to get out of the crib, and everytime we took it up, she woke up in the middle of the night screaming because she bumped her head. Anyway, guessing I've washed ours at least 23 times now and it still looks pretty new. :)