PDA

View Full Version : Land of Nod Jenny Lind Crib

anastasia k
06-05-2007, 05:56 AM
I bought the crib from Land of Nod even thought the price was higher (I paid $329) than other places. Also a big part of the reason was the color options. I bought my crib in a really pretty pale yellow which matched the bedding perfectly I bought (also from Land of Nod) I actually called Land of Nod before I bought the crib online to make sure it was JMPA certified. The customer service team there was actually really helpful when I called and assured me it was JPMA certified. I asked who the manufacturer was and they had no problem telling me it was Million Dollar Baby. In fact, they offered it up right away. When I questioned the price difference they told me it was because they bring the cribs in unfinished from Million Dollar Baby and hand paint and distress them in the USA before shipping them out. So even if the crib is not exclusive, the finish is. This was two years ago and I've since found out that Million Dollar Baby does now offer colors as well, but their finishes are very shiny, not distressed and (in my opinion) tacky. My sister-in law recently bought one from Target (I tried to convince her to get Land of Nod, but she wanted a cheaper price, she paid $199) She wound up returning it and getting the distressed white one from Land of Nod and is very happy with it.

If you consider that what you are getting for $329 is actually a safe, JPMA crib with a pretty finish, I think $329 is actually a "Bargain". I saw several other handpainted and distressed Jenny Lind cribs in local boutiques for twice the price before I bought mine. I just wanted any other Moms to be aware that there is a difference in this style crib. We love the one we have, it's safe, looks vintage, and is an heirloom we plan to pass on.