PDA

View Full Version : Are Quick Zip Sheets Safe?

kroppink
06-07-2007, 10:29 PM
I just found out about Quick Zip Sheets by Clouds & Stars... and I've now read a lot of great reviews on here.

But I can't help wondering... is it possible for the baby to pull up the top sheet from the velcro & get wrapped up in it or become a suffocation hazard?? Is this product really safe?

We had the Ultimate Crib Sheet before with our son, and he managed to remove it at age 20 months or so. I was very sad. :(

Thanks!

mariza
06-08-2007, 03:55 AM
There is no velcro on Quick Zip sheets, it's a zipper. You can tuck the end of zipper in so the baby can't grab it. I've been using them for over 2 years and never had a concern about their safety.

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1" DD 1/05
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

kroppink
06-08-2007, 06:49 AM
There must be more than one type of sheet like this? The Clouds and Stars Quick Zip Sheets apparently have a top layer (Piddle Pad) which velcros onto the zipped part:

http://www.cloudsandstars.com/index.html

Does anyone have experience with these?

Thanks!

lilhilly
06-08-2007, 10:16 AM
I have two sets of Clouds and Stars Quick Zip sheets and there is no velcro, just the zipper. I clicked on your link, and I don't see any mention of velcro on their website, either.

mariza
06-08-2007, 01:57 PM
I followed your link too and searched around, didn't see any mention of velcro. Can you be more specific as to where you saw velcro?
The sheets I have, you sit the mattress in the base sheet and the top sheet zips around it. I use a standard mattress pad, but it looks like Quick Zip sells one that sits on top of the mattress and you then zip the top sheet over it. Does this make sense? HTH!

Mariza
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

kroppink
06-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Oh no!! I messed up -- sorry!! There are actually 2 different products, and I thought they were the same. The one I was actually asking about is just called "zip sheets":

http://www.zipsheets.com/index.php?cPath=66

Anyone have experience with these? Or is the other kind the recommended ones? :)

Oops! Thanks! (sorry!)

mariza
06-08-2007, 06:29 PM
This is the first time I've seen the ones you are asking about. Honestly, they seem like they would be kind of a PITA to change the sheets since you still need to pull the entire mattress out of the crib to change it. With the Clouds and Stars brand you can lay the mattress pad under the top sheet and just zip the top sheet on and off without wrestling with the mattress.
Obviously, you will want to occassionally take the whole thing out and wash all of it, but I do it very rarely.
Also, I would be concerned about the pulling on the velcro thing in your original question. I recommend the Clouds and Stars brand.

Mariza
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06