PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!!

firstimemom
06-19-2007, 06:37 PM
Hello All,
I am new to this forum , so don't know actually that am i putting this mesage at a right forum or not.
I am due on October2007. I don't have any idea about how to prepare for baby's product. I mean what are the necessities? Car seat, strollar or travel system. What about crib or bassinet. I don't have a separate room . we are staying in one bedroom and can't move to anywhere else at least for 11 mohtns.
Please help me with the necessary things list.
Thank you in advance.

zephyr
06-20-2007, 01:47 PM
Hi! Welcome to the baby bargains board!
For necessities these are some things I definitely would get:
1. CAR SEAT- required to leave the hospital with.
2. THERMOMETER
3. INFANT TYLENOL AND MOTRIN
4. BULB SYRINGE
5. BABY CLIPPERS
6. PLAYARD- Since you said the baby will be staying with you in your room it might be a good idea to pass on the bassinet and get a playard. The kind that has a changing table and bassinet feature combined. Once the baby is too big for the bassinet feature then he/she could just sleep on the bottom of it. This might be a good idea so you wouldn't have to get a crib just yet because of limited space. Also the playard could be used anywhere in the house. Its really great.
7. DIAPERS AND WIPES- Whether you choose to do cloth or disposables. I am doing about half and half but would really like to switch to cloth full time.
8. BOTTLES- depends on whether you will be nursing or formula feeding. I was going to be nursing but getting 1 or 2 bottles just in case is a good idea. Also if you're going to be nursing get some lansinoh cream and nursing pads (disposable or cloth).
These are some of the most important things, in my opinion, on getting started. Happy nesting!
Zephyr

firstimemom
06-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Hi Zephyr
Thank you so much for your help.Reallly apreciate this.
Will you please tell me what is baby clippers and bulb syringe?
firstimemom

zephyr
06-20-2007, 03:54 PM
Hi. Baby clippers are like adult nail clippers, but they are sold in the baby section and they are small-sized for babies. The bulb syringe you will most likely get in the hospital, but if not, it's a plastic bulb used for cleaning the babies nose with. Hope that helps.
Zephyr

MamaMolly
06-25-2007, 12:12 PM
nak

Congrats on your new little one!
Zephyr said just about everything I was going to, just thought I might add looking into getting a sling. You can read all about different kinds in the 'carriers' section. I found them to be very helpful for freeing up my hands while toting baby around.

We leave our stroller in the car trunk as space here is tight.
i'd also check out the stroller and carseat sections of the board for advice on those products. One thing: don'tget the most basic carseat like we did. Make sure that whatever you get is adjustable from the front so you don't have to fiddle with the straps from behind.

Happy shopping!