PDA

View Full Version : Old Maps

K-Bear
08-04-2007, 07:46 PM
I'm due 11.1 and starting to think about a nursery. We don't know what we're having yet, but if it's a boy I think I would like to put old maps on the wall as decoration.

Does anyone know of a website where I can purchase pictures of antique maps?

punkrockmama
08-06-2007, 01:20 AM
You can get "antiqued" maps just about anywhere. That old-style, kind of yellowish brown paper, etc... I bought one for my husband's office like two years ago at Barnes and Noble. There were a few sizes to choose from. I think I've even seen them at Office Max/Staples like places. I know I have seen framed pictures of maps like that at Target. Now they're not truly antique, but they've got that look.

Good luck and congrats. :)

sand82552
08-08-2007, 09:10 PM
My mom did this for my brother's room when he was a kid, about 30 years ago:), and he loved it when he was growing up...He is very proficient in World Geography too....lol, you can ask him any country and he knows the capital..it's really crazy. She used the basic blue/green style ones, and they were maps she had collected from different vacations, and collected ones from National Geographic.

His carpet was a disney carpet that was a maze, it was totally cool. My mom said she saw it in a boutique window, and knew she just had to have it...lol. A very unique and fun room that he loved, and I thought it was pretty cool too, when I was allowed in...lol.

Hae fun, it's an awesome idea.

jyllebean
08-08-2007, 10:51 PM
we bought a map from nationalgeographic.com and while it's not antique, it has the antique/brownish look. We really like it.

HTH

Jill