PDA

View Full Version : The Company Kids vs. Pottery Barn Kids toddler comforter

pigletsmama
08-20-2007, 01:30 PM
I am trying to decide between the toddler down comforters at Company Kids and Pottery Barn Kids. Anybody have any experience with either one. I appreciate the feedback. Thanks.

Cactus Kate
08-21-2007, 12:23 AM
I've had several bad experiences in the last 2 years with Company Kids. Look at their return policy carefully. For example: crib sheet shrunk on 1st washing, no longer fits mattress. Cotton cable knit blankets snagged and ran. Sheets/pillowcases didn't wash well. Fortunately discovered most flaws before my "Time was up".
AND are stuck with 2 pillows at @75.00. Washed/dried first one according to label instructions- it's unusable. When I bought them a couple of years ago you could return anytime. Now it's a limit (I think) 45 days. And they won't honor the previous return policy. So I'm stuck with an unusable pillow and another that I'm afraid to launder!

If you're ordering something from CK that you won't have for years, maybe it's ok- but I'd wash and dry it several times before your time runs out to return it.
My dad loved the place, but I think their quality has gone downhill.

I have a Lands End comforter that is 20+ years old and still great.
Katie

BayAreaMom
09-16-2007, 08:44 PM
Hi,
I also had a bad experience recently with Company Kids (CK). Get this-I ordered a crib mattress pad, and it came with sides for a very tall mattress- like the 16" plush ones that adults use. It was huge and very dangerous as it didn't fit the crib mattress at all. I called and complained, wrote them a letter, etc but I never got the sense they knew what I was talking about. I was very disappinted as I had ordered the same product about 6 months prior, and loved it. Obviously, who ever redesigned the product never saw a crib mattress! I returned it and got a full refund, but I still had to pay for shipping both ways!

I also ordered a CK cotton crib sheet that fit so snug, i ripped the fabric at the elastic when i was trying to put it on.

I didn't want to order a CK toddler comforter after the mattress pad mistake and the size wasn't the same as my PBK toddler duvet cover. So, I bought the PBK one in non-down for only $39 which was cheaper than TCS. It's super fluffy. However, my daughter (17 mo) is still too young to sleep with it. She's fine with a light small blanket.

As a side note, I have two queen and two twin non-down Company Store comforters, and have never had issues with them after years of use. I bought them because they are pretty cheap when on sale, and I have the Company Store duvet covers that only fit their comforters. FYI, they have super-cute twin duvets and sheet sets, do don't write them off completly! I got a great twin duvet cover on clearance for about $20 that I love.

Hope this helps

Octobermommy
10-14-2007, 01:50 PM
We have a PBK toddler comforter we love (it is not down though). I have had nothing but problems with CK. It seems as if any problem comes up after the 90 days you are out of luck. We had a step stool that after 6 uses the lid mechanism broke. We got it for my daughters first birthday so we did not begin to use it until months later. There response was it is too late even though we had only used it a handful of times. I have written CK off. Maybe with bedding they are better but I doubt it given their attitude.