PDA

View Full Version : Bedding for a Toddler Bed

K-Bear
09-28-2007, 07:28 PM
I need ideas for bedding for my 2 year old when I move her into her big girl bed in a few months.

I'm not into anything "princessy" or with lots of characters. Currently, she has a crib set from House Inc. and other brands I like are Serena and Lily but I don't want to pay their prices.

Any brands with similar styles but reasonable prices?

smzapalac
09-30-2007, 08:55 PM
You might want to check out Company Kids or Growing Up Garnet Hill. Good quality items and their prices as well as S&H are more reasonable than PBK. Also try Land of Nod (landofnod.com). Land of Nod is a Crate and Barrel company. They have some interesting options and aren't cartoony like some department store bedding sets.

ekbecker1
10-26-2007, 04:58 AM
I just moved my 2 year old into a toddler bed and found some great deals on bedding at PBK within the last 2 weeks. I got the Jordan quilt ($19.99) and the Anna quilt ($24.99). The PBK's quilts are usually $79-89. The Jordan is patchwork quilt with a mix of different fabrics - plaids, stripes, florals. Anna is mostly white with daisies and yellow and green accents. Both are so cute and look great on her white toddler bed.

I paid full price for a PBK quilt for my son a couple of years ago and it was worth it even at full price. I've washed it a million times and it is in great shape. I like their quilts (instead of a down comforter) because they are warm but not too warm and I don't worry that the kids are going to suffocate under them.

They are totally worth checking out if you have a store near you. Unfortunately, neither of these deals is available online. I got a really helpful "shopgirl" who called around to a couple of stores for the Jordan quilt and had it shipped to my house - it still came to only $28. They had the Anna quilt (I just bought it today, actually) in stock and several others too.

Another great thing about these quilts is that they go with everything - you don't have to be all matchy, matchy. I use gingham sheets most of the year (Koala Baby from BRU are the BEST!!) and I use the PBK chamois sheets in the winter.